Chapter 20 (Living Situations)

Chapter 20

Living Situations

Arabella's P.O.V*

I woke to my alarm. I reached over and turned it off. I've had two days off from school. I'm not ready to go back yet. I'm still in pain from the broken ribs, sprained wrist, and bruises.

I climbed out of bed and went to take a shower. After, I dressed in light blue jeans and a white tank top. I slipped on a plaid purple and black button up shirt. I slipped on a pair of black converse and went downstairs.

It's strange not seeing my brother and parents sitting at the table. Instead I find Christine making breakfast.

"Morning." She greeted me. "How'd you sleep?"

"Well." I answered. "I'm not too fond of waking up early for school though."

"Understandable."

"Where's Derek?"

"He's not up yet. He usually wakes up around 7:30."

"But that'd only give him 30 minutes to get ready and get to school on time."

"Yeah, but he manages to do it."

After I ate breakfast, I went upstairs to Derek's room. I opened the door and looked inside. I saw Derek still fast asleep. I walked in and over to his bed. I sat on the edge of his bed and looked at him. He laid on his stomach with his hands beneath his head. He was shirtless and I could see the muscles in his back. His lips were slightly parted and his hair was a mess

I placed my hand on his back and shook him lightly, trying to wake him up. I don't have my car so I need a ride, and I'm ready to go.

"Derek, wake up." I said softly. He didn't budge. "It's time to get up." I said, shaking him a little harder.

"Just a few more minutes." He mumbled.

"No, now. Get up, I don't want to be late."

"Only if you give me a kiss."

"No, you have morning breath."

"All the better."

He rolled onto his back and smiled up at me. He sat up and met his lips with mine. I immediately kiss him back, not worrying about his morning breath. He caressed my cheek and I almost melted at his touch.

When he pulled away, he gave a small smirk. He brushed a lock of hair behind my ear.

"I love you." He said.

"I love you too." I responded with a smile. "Now will you please get ready so we can go?"

"Okay, okay."

He finally got up and went into the bathroom. I stood and walked around his room. Surprisingly it's clean without a thing out of place. Most guys would have their room a mess.

I noticed there were no pictures of him, his mom, or his friends. I have plenty of pictures in my room. I wonder why he doesn't have any. Two 50 pound dumbbells sat on the floor beside his dresser. Wow, he can lift that much?

His room looks so basic. There's no pictures, or posters. He doesn't have anything personal, as though he's ready to leave at a moments notice.

His bathroom door opened, making me jump. I turned to see him wearing only a towel around his waist. His 6 pack, almost 8 pack, glistened from the water. His hair laid over his eyes, dripping wet. I felt my cheeks warm as I quickly turned my back to him.

"Are you okay?" He asked me.

"Yeah, I'm fine." I quickly answered. "I'll be waiting downstairs."