Chapter 29

Lauren's POV

We lay in bed. Josh still in his boxers, and me still in my underwear and bra. I have my head laying on his chest. I can feel his breathing and hear his heart beat. He's running his fingers through my hair. His other hand is laying on my stomach. I'm tracing the veins on the back of his hand with my fingertips.

"Let's play a game." He says.

"Okay." I agree.

"Let's take turns naming things that we enjoy or makes us smile." He says. "You first."

"Okay, uhm, I like the sound of popping popcorn." I tell him.

"I like watching the stars." He says.

"I like when you run your fingers through my hair."

"I like how you get lost in books." He says with a little laugh.

"I like listening to your heart beat and listening to your breathing."

"Why?" He asks me.

"Because I know you're here for real." I say.

"I like when you hold my hand when I'm driving." He says

"I liked when we first got to your house and you were so excited about the snow. I liked the gleam in your eyes from excitement. And how the snow looked in your hair." I say

He's quiet and I look up at him. He's smiling. He looks at me.

"You notice things like that?" He asks.

"I notice everything about you." I tell him.

He covers his face with his hands. I can tell he's smiling into them. He looks bashful. How can I have that affect on him?

"Do you really?" He asks placing his hand back on my stomach and running his fingers trough my hair.

I nod and start to get up but he grabs my hand.

"I'll be right back." I say kissing him on the tip of his nose.

Josh's POV

She comes back with her sketch book. She lays back down with her head on my stomach. She bends her knees and I lay my hand on of them. I continue rrunning my fingers through her long black hair.

The sketch she shows me takes my breath away. It has so much detail in it. It's me. I'm laughing. Snow is falling all around me and I do have a certain gleam in my eyes. My smile is big and she even got the wet snow in my hair perfectly detailed.

It's honestly the most amazing picture I've ever seen. And I'm not saying that because it's me. I'm saying it because that's how she saw me that day.

"Thats...it's...wow." I say lost for words.

She smiles. "You know you still never heard me play piano." She says.

"You're right. I haven't."

---

Lauren's POV

I'm glad that Josh liked my picture of him. And there's something else I want to show him. Me playing piano. I grab his hand and walk toward the piano I saw in the living room of the cabin. He's walking behind me and I remember that I'm not wearing anything but my bra and underwear, but then I remember it's Josh and there's no point in being insecure around him. He's seen me in nothing at all so why should this matter to me?

We get to the piano and we set on the bench together. And I start to play.

---

Josh's POV