roses

liked by j

liked by j.foley, zdempsey98, karsen.kahele and 230 more.

naomikahele 👀☀️

zdempsey98 love you babe

The time had finally come. And I'm sure you've all been waiting for it too. It was time to listen to my tape.

Zach had spent the night again, and we decided to miss school to finish the tapes. I also knew that today I would be hearing mine.

I woke up early to make Zach breakfast again, something he reminded me everyday he wouldn't mind waking up to all the time. I made some pancakes and bacon, with some apple juice and toast.

It wasn't long until a sleepy Zach appeared in the kitchen, holding his arms in the air as he stretched, "You know I wouldn't mind seeing this every morning."

I laughed and rolled my eyes, knowing he'd say that and slid him his plate across the counter, "Did your mom call yet?" I asked.

"Not yet." He answered, "I told her what happened... why I've been staying here every night."

I stopped what I was doing and looked up at him, "Why would you do that? What if she calls my mom? What if she calls the school?"

"She won't. She promised. She knows you want this to yourself. I- I think you should go to someone, Naomi." Zach looked down at his plate, refusing to make eye contact with me, "Bryce deserves to go to jail."

"No. I'm not going to anyone. Bryce will win that case, you know that." I turned around to face the sink to start cleaning up.

"There's not guarantee. We just need to finish the tapes. When we finish, I think you'll change your mind."

I couldn't believe Zach had told his mom, then told me that I should actually try to go against Bryce in a case. He must've forgotten that Bryce's dad is literally a lawyer and would tear me apart. I know Zach wanted the best for me but this would make things a million times worse.

I sighed as the doorbell rang, and walked over to open the door. I was shocked when I looked down and saw a vase full of white roses. I looked around and saw nobody so I picked them up and brought them to the kitchen.

"Are these from you?" I asked Zach as he dug into his pancakes. He looked up and shook his head, but stood up and picked the note off the top.

I snatched it from him and read it myself.

For Naomi,

From Hannah.

Hope you're doing well.

I threw the note onto the counter and turned away, my breathing starting to pick up again. This had to be some type of joke. Who the hell would leave roses on my doorstep like that and then say "from hannah"?