Chapter 5

Patsy's P.O.V ~

Delia lay her head on my stomach breathless. I stroked her head.

"I've missed you Delia" I whispered. "And I've missed your..... talents"

"Thank you" I could hear her smiling through her words. "I do try"

"We have to talk, there are things I need you to know." I said slowly and she wriggled onto her stomach so we could see each others faces.

Her cheeks were still a flushed and her hair tumbled around her shoulders, it was knotted and messy but she still looked beautiful.

"When.." I began trying to order my thoughts. "When I left, that night, I thought so much about asking you to join me. But I couldn't, it would've hurt you too much. I didn't want to risk losing you"

"But you promised you would. You promised you'd take me with you" she said her eyes misting over.

"Deels, I wanted to ask you to come"

She touched my cheek.

"I'd follow you anywhere" she said. I looked at her face and she looked so vulnerable, helpless and longing. I couldn't keep my secret from her any longer.

"I went down south, stayed with an old friend.... Delia I was.. p..pregnant" my voice wavered and I closed my eyes letting the tears fall. I didn't want to see her face. Didn't want to see how she reacted. She moved her hand from my face.

"Patsy...." she said slowly.

"Please don't say anything Delia. I love you and I didn't want to hurt you."

"Where's the baby?" She asked sitting up and pulling her shirt on.

"I left her with my friend. She will be loved and looked after." I said sitting up as well. She handed me my pyjamas.

"Delia, I didn't go behind your back. I promise it wasn't like that" I begged her to look at me.

"Then what was it like?!" She whispered angrily. I stayed silent and put my shirt on.

"I didn't ask for it to happen. It was one night after working late. You remember Mrs Harlek going into labour during the night." My voice was pleading, and I was hoping with all my heart Delia would let me explain, but she still wouldn't look at me.

"Well I was coming back and...." I paused as the memories came back, I wiped away the tears.

"There was 3 of them, I'm sorry Delia, I couldn't stop them. I tried, I really did." I gave up on wiping away the tears, because now my whole body was shaking. She pulled me into a hug.

"Shhh.... I'm here now cariad." I never realised how much she could comfort me. I felt warm and safe in her arms. She pressed her warm lips to my forehead. I felt her smile against my hair.

"Do you want to know why Jacqueline ended things?" She asked. I looked up at her, pulling out of her arms.

"The night before last, when we were......" She paused selecting the right word. "Together" she said and I cringed at the thought of her being with Jacqueline.

---FLASH BACK TO THE NIGHT BEFORE LAST---

Jacqueline ran her hands up the inside of Delia's thighs and kissed her neck.

"You don't have to worry about anyone coming in" she mumbled into Delia's neck. She pinned her against the wall and moved her mouth up to Delia's. Delia parted her lips and Jacqueline deepened the kiss.

Jacqueline's hands slipped up Delia's dress. Delia began to moan.

"Oh Patsy"

Jacqueline froze.... "What did you just say?" She said stepping back. Delia looked at her confused.

"What do you mean?"

---END OF FLASHBACK---

"Long story short, she wasn't happy about me thinking about you while we... were together" Delia said between fits of laughter.

"God I love you" I said as I pulled her in for a kiss.