He asks you out but you reject him

S C O T T

You had heard whispers throughout the day, the longing looks Scott and his friends gave you only gave truth to the small rumour that had been circulating. You were terrified not because you scared that what you had been told wasn't true but that it was. As much as you liked Scott as a friend, you only liked him as that - a friend.

It was the end of the school day when you saw Scott approaching you rapidly from the corner of your eyes, you wanted to run and avoid breaking his heart and destroying every ounce of your friendship. He was much faster than you, sometimes inhumanely fast so before you could even move two steps he was tapping you on the back trying to gain your attention which beside your love he craved the most.

You smiled at him nervously but he seemed to not notice his own nervousness and anxiety distracting him. You waited slowly and patiently to form his words and he did so beautifully you should have shed tears. "Y/N I've known for the longest time, you've made my life better, helped me more than you could ever imagine. I'm eternally grateful and I've realised Y/N that I can't live without you by my side but not as a friend something more where I can show how much you really mean to me."

Scott took a deep breath smiling widely at you before concluding with the question you had been dreading to hear all day, "Y/N will you go out with me?"

You swallowed thickly feeling your palms turn sweaty and your face pale at his sweet words. You suddenly felt like a monster for what you were about to say but you couldn't pretend to like him like he loved you, it wasn't fair on him. So instead you replied with a heavy heart and sad smile, "No." It was so quick and painful Scott barely had time to register your words but once they had sunk in tears filled his eyes.

He looked at you in sheer sadness and confusion, "Why? Did I do something?" He asked and it felt like you had been shot, he was blaming himself when it was all your fault because of your feelings.

"You didn't do anything, I just don't like you that way." You said flashing him a small smile that didn't quite reach your eyes. His eyebrows creased and Scott looked down at the floor to avert your eyes from the tears that were falling from his glossy eyes. "I'm sorry." You added for good measure, to soften the blow almost but Scott was too caught up in his feeling of sadness to notice.

It took him five minutes but after that he looked up at you nodding and sniffling simultaneously, you watched as he walked away and he did sadness seemed to take over those he passed and you had never felt so guilty in your whole life. It was your fault that Scott, your best friend was crying.

S T I L E S

In reality you should had seen it coming but you were too mesmerised by the one who held all of your affections. Stiles was simply a bystander but he was so much if only you had seen sooner. It was a day like no other, the Californian sun glowed idly in the distance as you ate lunch with you friends; Stiles sat beside you and in front of you was the object of your desires not that either him nor Stiles seemed to notice. Even you yourself were oblivious to certain attention, Stiles had been staring at you for the longest time a smiling gracing his lips as he did so.

You only noticed his lingering eyes when your turned your head to speak to Scott opposite Stiles, you gave Stiles a small smile and begun speaking to Scott. Stiles listened with vigour relishing in the soft tone of your voice as words glided out of your lips. When you were done talking to your lips you felt the frigid touch of Stiles' lips dangerously close to the shell of your ear. "Can I talk to you in private for a moment?" He asked and you nodded with a smile not knowing the content of the conversation you were about to have with him.

"Great, how about we go on a walk?" Stiles propositioned and you nodded. Stiles stood up saying goodbye to the rest of your friends and you followed blindly trusting your best friend as he led you away from the table you were eating lunch at and steering you into a topic of conversation that would inevitably break his heart.