Chapter 9

***

Robin's POV

I can't find Harry anywhere, I've looked everywhere. The park, Starbucks, Niall's place, my place, I've wandered the streets looking for him or his intimidating van. It's now 8:45pm and it's almost pitch black, I should really get home. I turn a corner and head for my apartment.

CRRR!

I stop in my tracks and turn around; nothing. I swear I heard something. I shake my head, ridding me of the thoughts of kidnappers and rapists. Since the incident with Trent, I've been on edge when I'm in the dark, it's not the darkness that scares me, just what's hiding in it.

I shiver at the thought of Trent, he hurt me so bad. I needed release and I couldn't help it. I had to.

Change the subject Robin.

Harry. I feel so bad about what I did and all I want to do now is apologise. My chest aches so badly and the pain is unbearable. I really want to find him, even if he was a bit rude I can't blame him, I was like that too at some point. Everyone has a reason.

"Well what do we have here?" a creepy but familiar voice rang in my ears. No, no, no...

"Long time no see." another deeper voice says.

I turn on my spot to see two familiar faces. Trent's friends. I visibly gulp and my body goes numb.

"Don't be like that hunny! Remember the fun we used to have?" He stalks closer as I remember him.

Flashback

"Please.." I cry, I'm tied to the bed, in nothing.

"You want it that bad? Sure baby," he smirked.

"No, don't... please." I whimper, tears pooling on the pillow.

"C'mon babe, it'll be good, I promise. I'm not exactly small." He cackles at his own comment and thrust into me with such force that I scream out in pain.

"I told you," He strains. I force myself to be quiet, not satisfying him with my moans of pain.

"Say my name. SAY IT!"

"I-I...don't know..." I struggle between sharp intakes of breath.

"Kurt baby, now say it." he states.

"K-Kurt" I stutter. The pain kills me, I can't take it much longer. Tears turn into sobs as he gets rougher and grips my hips even tighter.

"Louder."

"No.." I couldn't say anything else, I desperately needed him to stop. As he came inside of me I let out an ear-bursting scream that soon turned into sobs.

"You'll learn, you do as I say or you'll be punished." He growls pulling a razor blade from his jacket.

End of Flashback

"That's right baby, I gave you these, remember?" he was very close now, I notice scabs and bruises littering his face. Was he in a fight? He grabs my arm and yanks the sleeve of Harry's jacket, baring my forearms. My scars were covered by my charm bracelet.

"Well isn't this pretty? A clear contrast to your face." He says. This can't be happening.

"There they are!" he says, sliding my bracelet up my arm. I'm frozen, I can't move. "You can't blame me though, for these. It wasn't my fault your fat, or ugly, oh and remember how big your thighs were? Disgusting." He spat. The memories start flooding back at his foul words.

Worthless. Fat. Gross. Cunt. Disgusting. Whore.

Tears fall down my face, I have to run. Now, or I'll never escape.

"Shh, baby, don't worry, not everyone can be beautiful! But apparently anyone can get uglier" he rubs away a tear that fell and then looks up and down my body. I flinch away, bringing my arm with me. I think of my options whilst slowly backing away. If I run to my apartment, they'll know where I live and find me again. If I run to Niall's apartment, they'll get confused when they see Niall and think they've lost me, right? I won't have time to get my keys from my pocket anyway, it'll have to be Niall's.

I turn and run.

"Hey! COME BACK HERE!" I hear the other one, Jack shouting.

I run as fast as I can, I see the flat building and burst through the doors.

"Hey miss?! Are you alright!?" A middle aged man asks. I must look like a complete nutter, running inside out of breath, probably read as a tomato too.

"I'm fine," I breathe. I wait to catch my breath but when I look outside I see two figures racing towards me. I bolt upstairs and bump into another mid-fourties man.

"Who are you running from?" he asks seriously.

"T-Two men are ch-chasing me!" I stutter, shocked by his urgency.

"Run, and I'll try to hold them back." he says quietly.

"Thank you" I whisper and run straight past him and up the stairs. I finally reach Niall's apartment and pound on the door, just like Harry did. Oh the irony.

"Niall! Please open up! They're chasing me! They're back, please Niall, open the door!" I scream through sobs and pounding on the flimsy wooden door. The door opens and Harry is standing in the doorway. I freeze (again), I forgot he lives here too. I don't know what to say, I want to apologise but after all that I am speechless. He must see what a mess I'm in because he opens the door wider.

"Just get in." he says walking away from the open door. I walk in quickly and shut the door behind me, frantically closing every lock. I lean my back against the door and slide down, cupping my face in my hands, trying to steady my breathing. I don't have the energy to cry, or anything for that matter.

"So." I look up and see Harry standing tall in front of me. I can't see his face very well, but his arms are hanging loosely by his sides and he doesn't seem angry.

"So." I reply, my voice hoarse. He turns and heads for the kitchen, so I carefully follow on wobbly legs.

"Harry?" I ask quietly after a few seconds of silence. He ignores me and takes a glass from the cabinet. I continue anyway, knowing that he would hear me.

"Look Harry, I'm really sorry, I didn't mean to make it sound like that, and I never saw you there and I was just frustrated and confused. I didn't know what to think, that's why I was asking Chloe what to do, I didn't know how to handle this and I feel terrible for what I did and I'm so so sorry Harry, I was worried sick, I looked everywhere for you! I wandered the streets looking for..." I babble,

"Drink this," he instructs, handing me a glass of water. I'm shocked by his sudden interruption.

"Thank you," I whisper. I chug the water down and look at Harry watching me. Our eyes meet and I feel butterflies erupt in my tummy. He blinks. Oh my gosh...

"Your face.." I place the glass down on the island and examine his face. My hands drift over his black eye, then to his swollen lip, to his bruised jaw and he flinches.

"Sorry," I mumble. "What happened?" I whisper.

"Nothing." he says bluntly.

"Something happened Harry and you won't fool me." I place my hands on my hips. He just looked at me blankly. Then it clicked. He fought Kurt and Jack! I gasp and I feel my eyes widen. That would explain everyone's messed up faces.

"Robin, don't." he warned, but it wasn't anger in his eyes, it was worry. Question after question formed in my brain and I couldn't control my mouth.