Chapter Eighteen

------------------------

Dedicated to Ru4life as they fanned me, voted numerous times and commented.

Thank you so much.

<3

--------------------------

It was Saturday morning. I hadn't spoken to Jason for ages. Well, it felt like ages. It'd really been two or three days. I'd lost count. Stuff was just muddling together for me. My brain was all foggy. I didn't bother apologising. I was a bit past that by down. I wrinkled my face as a brim of sunlight settled squarely on my eyes. I then felt the bed dip beside me.

I slowly opened my eyes, expecting it to be Mel.

I need to stop doing that.

At the sight of him, I sunk lower and buried myself under the blankets.

"Can we talk?" he asked in a quiet voice.

"I guess so." I mumbled, not letting myself cry.

"I'm sorry," he murmured softly. "I overreacted."

"Yeah."

"Er- this is usually the time you apologise too."

"Oh, really? I think I'm past apologising to you." I said angrily.

"What?"

"I already went to. But since I'm lower class and don't 'put out', I thought better of it." I snapped, my voice harsh.

I felt him stiffen. I slowly removed the blanket from my head and glared at him with all I could. All my anger and hurt pouring out into my stare.

"Thanks for that, by the way. Nice to know how you really feel."

"So you were eavesdropping? Again? Clingy much."

My jaw dropped. I gaped at him for several moments, expecting him to laugh and say he was 'kidding' or something. I felt like he'd slapped me in the face. I sat up, abruptly, ignoring my slight head spin.

"Are you actually being serious?" I retorted, my voice rising. "I went to you, to apologise but you'd gone into the change room. So I waited outside for you."

His jaw clenched and he ran a hand through his hair in agitation. My eyes narrowed. He was agitated? I gritted my teet together in irritation.

"I can't believe you think I'm lower class, frigid AND clingy. Jesus, why are you even dating me?"

He stared at me coolly. "So what? You want to break up?"

"What? No!" I squeaked, horrified at even the thought of it. Yes, I was angry with him. Yes, I was hurt. But did I want to break up? Definitely not.

My heart started hammering. I wiped my palms on my blanket, feeling them began to get a sleek coat of sweat on them.

I didn't want that at all!

"Maybe we should just take a break."

My heart sunk right down to the pit of my stomach. I almost re-buried myself under the blankets. I bit my lip.

That was practically like a break up, wasn't it?

I swallowed, hard, fighting back the tears that had welled up in my eyes. The last thing I wanted was to break up with him.

"Define exactly what you mean by a break..."

"Well, we just give each other space. Let each other cool down." he muttered, averting his eyes. I bit my lip as he did this and nibbled at it nervously. I figeted my hands, my face growing a little warm. I didn't like the sound of this at all.

"Okay," I agreed, nodding. "That doesn't sound too bad. How long will this break last for?"

A few days? A voice whispered hopefully in my head.

He shrugged. "I guess as long as we need it. Why don't we try like a week and see how we go?"

"A -a week?" I squeaked. I then cleared my throat, casting my eyes low. "Er- yeah. Fine by me. Whatever."

He bit his lip, studying me. It was the first time I had seen him do it. Quite frankly, he looked adorable. Was it weird to call a teenage boy adorable?

"Okay then. So, it's settled?"

I tried not to frown. "I guess."

He leant down and brushed his lips with mine before leaving.

I watched him walk out and I just stared after him. I don't think that was a wise choice. Not many people survived breaks did they? I folded my arms across my chest and glared down at my bed sheets.

What did I just agree to?

Oh no...

Tears brimmed my eyes and I curled in a tighter ball. I tried to hold back a sob and was unsuccessful. I let myself cry, sobs wracking my whole body. I buried my face into my blankets, trying to muffle the sound.

This was not good.

This was not good at all.

-------------------------------