5. Change

Hyperventilation. Low carbon dioxide levels eventually lead to narrowing of the blood vessels that supply blood to the brain. This reduction in blood supply to the brain leads to symptoms like lightheadedness and tingling in the fingers. Severe hyperventilation can lead to loss of consciousness.

8 months ago. Hospital

"Is she gonna be okay?", the black haired boy was troubled. It was the first time he encountered someone like this.

You can hear the familiar voice close to you as you regained consciousness but remained your eyes closed to eavesdrop on the conversation.

"She's gonna be okay now. She hyperventilated a while ago.", the doctor began. "She must have been depressed lately. Did she cry a lot just recently?"

"Yes, actually, before she had the attack.", Tobio gazed at you pretended to sleep. "She's been crying so hard for so long."

"So that's why. Her case would be worst if this continues. She might fall unconscious most of the time and that is not okay.", the doctor warned. "Is she eating or drinking anything that could have triggered an attack? Like coffee or energy drinks?"

"She's drinking coffee everyday. Once a day but twice at some days only when she needs it for school purposes."

"Hm... I suggest that she should lessen the coffee then. She should try. Also avoid energy drinks even if she hasn't tried it yet. It's better to be safe now than sorry later."

You opened your eyes upon hearing the statement. How can you skip on coffee? That's impossible for you who couldn't live without a coffee a day.

"I don't think I could stop coffee though. It's my morning routine.", you didn't hesitate to butt in on the two.

Tobio quickly reacted slamming your shoulder. "Nee-san, bokeh! You just gained consciousness. You should listen to the doctor!"

"Oi, I just woke up. Why are you hurting the patient?", you whined rubbing on the part where the boy slammed you.

"You don't seem a patient to me."

"Oi!"

"Now, now, let's not be too harsh.", the doctor chuckled at the two of you fighting like kids.
"Well, now that you're awake. Try to lessen coffee and avoid energy drinks, 'kay?", the doctor placed her hand on your shoulder.

"Hmm, I'll try."

"Not try, you should do it, nee-san!", Tobio scolded.