Chapter 10

Zach dropped me off at my house and told me he'd pick me up in exactly one hour. I ran upstairs and pushed through my closet and finally found the one dress I knew Zach would love but his parents would still approve of.
It was a light green dress that stopped just a half or so inch above the knee. I knew Zach's favorite color was green and the length of the dress showed his parents what kind of person I was. Too high above the knee; Slut. Too low past the knee; Insecure. So, finding the happy medium of all of it helped a lot.
Once finishing putting my hair into a side french braid and putting on my makeup, I look in my jewelry dresser for a good pair of earrings. Digging through the pile I finally ran across a pair of dangly chained earrings with silver stars at the end. Once I got them in I heard the doorbell ring. I ran downstairs to open the door, but Dad beat me to it. "Why hello there. Can I help you?" My dad rested a hand on the doorframe and eyed Zach. "Hello sir, my name is Zach Dudley, Elizabeths friend. Im Alice Dudley's older brother." My dad crossed his arms across his chest and nodded, unsatisfied. "Mhmm, and who is Alice?" I rush down the stairs and place a hand on my dads shoulder. "Dad, Alice is my best friend thats taking me to dinner, remember?" I said, and he slowly nodded in remembrance. "Okay, but where is she? Why is he here instead?" My dad asked me as if Zach werent able to hear him. "Sir, Alice is in the car. She sent me to come grab Elizabeth here." He smiled at me and I smiled back.
My dad finally after a few minutes nodded and hugged me. "Be safe, okay? And keep out of trouble." He stated the last sentence with a sharp edge and glared at Zach. I nodded and said goodbye. On our way out I quietly apologized to Zach. "Its okay, he's your dad. They are suppose to do that. I'd be more worried if he hadn't." He chuckled and I smiled over at him and then jumped into the passenger seat. I had thought that Zach had just made that 'Alice is waiting in the car' as an excuse to go but, I was wrong. Sitting in the back seat, arms crossed, sat a straight-faced Alice, staring at me.
"So I guess I have coodies and you cant sit with your best friend, huh?" She asked. I shook my head and started to wonder how mad she was at me. "No, no, no. I just didnt know you were in here. If you want me to I will but I-"
"Liz! I was kidding!" She laughed out and scooted up to the front and hugged me. "Wait, so you arent-" she shook her head. "Nope. Im not mad. Wait, that is what you were going to say, right?" I nodded and turned my head to Zach who nodded in agreement. "I was the exact same way." And then Alice laughed and propped her chin on the palms of her hands. "Well, why are you stalling? Kiss the girl, dumbo!" She laughed and my face turned red as could be and I knew it did. "Alice, it doesn't work like that-"
"Why, of course it does! Just kiss the girl! Whats the problem, you scared?" she challenged. "Alice, I'm not 'scared', I just don't take orders to kiss my girlfriend or not from my little sister." The word 'girlfriend' still gave me chills. She huffed. "Zach, this is your girlfriend, like you said. So, why are you making me force you to kiss her? Just a little peck and-" she automatically stopped as my head was turned towards Zach and he gently pressed his lips to mine. Even though she said to just 'give a little peck', it was way more than that. He kissed me as we did whenever we were alone. He chewed on my bottom lip and I forced myself to not moan. He slipped his tongue into my mouth and we sat there and made out until Alice finally pushed us apart. As soon as we parted, I licked my lips and covered it with my hand. "Gosh, Zach! I said just give her a little peck! Not stuff your tongue down her throat!" She fussed. But he laughed low and smirked. "Don't see her complaining though, do you?" He laughs again as my face grows a deep shade of red. I turned to the window and held my breath. Zach started backing out of the driveway and turned out onto the road before he realized I wasn't talking. He turned on the music and Alice immediately started singing and dancing along in her own world. Zach reached down and squeezed my hand and softly stared at me. "You okay?" He mouthed to me. I shook my head and looked back out my window. He then let go of my hand and turned my head towards him with his fingers. "Did I do something?" He asked quietly, concern covering his face. I looked down for a second and then just shook my head. "That was just a little embarrassing is all. Im fine." She pulled from his grip and looked out the window. We pulled into the parking lot of a fancy Chinese place, Asahi's. After parking the car and turning it off, Alice jumped out and I was beginning to open my door but Zach pulled my arm back. "Elizabeth, wait." He said, frowning. I turned to him and watched him roam my face. After a few moments he shook his head. "Baby, I'm sorry. I shouldn't have said that. I should've known that would embarrass you but I didn't think. Alice was annoying me and I just did it. Sweetheart, please forgive me." My mind wanted to be upset but my heart still loved him to pieces. "I forgive you. I do. But baby, what are you going to do when your friends start to mess with you? And you know they will. If they were to come up to you and pressure you into hurting me, what would you do?" He smirked at me and intertwined our fingers. "I'd tell them to go screw themselves."
I couldn't help but smile the slightest bit and look down. "You're smiling because you know I would." I laugh and shake my head. "I love you." He laughs and gives me a quick peck. "I love you, too." And as soon as he finished, an annoying knock came from his window. Zach opened his door and the man from the italian place that pulled him and Alice away from me stared at him. "Hey Dad, Happy Birthday." Zach smiled and jumped out of the car to give his father a quick hug then turned around and reached a hand out to me. I grabbed ahold of it and scooted out. "Dad, I'd like for you to meet my beautiful girlfriend-"
"And my best friend!" Alice yelled in the background. Zach huffed and then continued. "My beautiful girlfriend, Elizabeth Parker." He smiled at me, as if I were his pride and joy. His father nodded and put his hand out. "Matthew Dudley. Its very nice to meet you. I've heard a lot about you from both of these weirdos here." He motioned his head towards Zach and Alice and then laughed. I took hold of his hand and laughed too. "Its very nice to meet you too, sir. Happy birthday by the way." I mentioned, making sure to smile. He released my hand and smiled. "Why, thank you." He then patted Zach on the shoulder and started to walk in the restaurant. "Come on, you kids. Your mother is inside at the table and is very excited to meet your little girlfriend, here." He smiled and opened the door inside for us as Zach took my hand and pulled me along beside him.
'This is going to be okay.' I told myself over and over again. And I sure hoped it was true.