A Gathering, A Fire, A Song

Start from the beginning

"Oh! Just this one that Jessica's trying to get me to go to so she can see me drunk or something." Bo looked over her shoulder to make sure Jessica wasn't still there.

Josh and Bo had been really close ever since Hannah and Beth's funeral. Maybe even closer than Bo was to Jessica, who was her very first friend here. She had gathered up the search party to find Hannah and Beth the moment she watched them run into the woods and had to be physically pulled away from finding them by EMT's that were doing their job.

"I can do this! I can find them!" She recalled screaming to the people pulling her away into the ambulance. She remembered struggling against them to continue on, bawling and crying out for forgiveness. She remembered Josh crying just the same as she had and being pulled away as well. Their eyes met once, his forgiving, Bo's devastated.

"So, Bo," Josh interceded the thoughts and memories of the night Bo was racing around with. She smiled at him, warmly.

"Yeah?"

"I'm guessing you're free this weekend but I won't keep my hopes up." Josh's head was tilted slight to the side.

"Why not?" She smiled in a confused manner, one side of her mouth turned more upwards than the other.

"Well, a pretty girl like you must have dudes wrapped around your finger, all full up on your calendar." He struggled with his flirting skills, Bo realized that and laughed lightly.

"Ha! Where they at, then?" She teased.

"Well, you got one right here." Josh's smirk widened. Bo felt he couldn't let his ego rise to high.

"Hardly."

"Hey!"  He protested. Bo burst out laughing. "Alright, alright. I have to admit that was good." He chuckled slightly. "Anyways, seeming you're free...would you like to hang with me sometime?" Josh rubbed the back of his neck. "Like...on a date...?"

Bo stared at him with an expressionless face for a period of time, making Josh sweat nervously.

"Are you kidding!?" She replied a little louder than needed. Josh widened his eyes. Clearing her throat and avoiding eye contact with everyone who was staring at her because of her outburst, she smiled at Josh. "I thought you'd never ask." Bo quieted her voice, grinning at a relived Josh.

"Oh, thank God!" Josh sighed out. "How about I pick you up tomorrow at six for dinner and a movie?"

Bo nodded her head.

"Yes! Of course!" She exclaimed happily.

Bo remembered taking a lot of time just to convince her parents to let her even go out that Saturday evening, let alone go on a date.

But nevertheless, she persisted after she told them who his parents were and what church he went to (which was none, Bo made one up).

"Josh, look." She whispered, slightly off the trail. "It's fox tracks." She recalled as he stood next to her,crouching down to get a good look, with his hand on her back.

"Woah. That's neat. So do you want to follow them or just go to the Cabin?" Josh asked, standing back up along with Bo, his hand still on her back.