Part One: Meeting

The bell had rung for the fifteenth time of the day, standing for the last period was over. Student's walked down the hall's, each of them wearing uniform's. The boy's wore black, gold, with a gold trim to it. Those were the Elite's. Those who wore the dark blue with the white and gold trim were trainee's. The girl's wore almost the same thing, but instead of a gold trim, it was silver. While the trainee's wore grey. This was Star-Fall Academy at it's finest. One of the largest school's ever recorded in the 12th century, over ten-thousand student's, ranging from Noble children, to commoner's, and to peasant's.

Kira walked down the hall way, his thoughts were else where.

'I need a sparring partner, and really soon...' He muttered to himself, he let out a soft sigh, and began making his way back to the dormitory.

The dorm's were split up into categories, each one with it's own unique name. The senior's dormitory was called Midnight, it was named that after the goddess of the moon, Mizu. The second year's was the god of ice, Korï. The first year's was the god of darkness, Yami. 'This was the order of things...' Kira thought as he walked toward the dormitory door. He grasped the bronze handle, and gave a slight push.

"Kira-san! Where have you been?" A voice from a brown haired boy and his best friend, Sai. "The dorm president arrived for inspection and guess what? You weren't here!" He listened to his friend raising his voice.

"Shut up..." Sai was rather taken back by this, even by the hard-cold stare he received the black haired boy. "I went out to collect my thought's, what's the big deal?" Kira said with barely any emotion, he was sick of his friends endless prattle.

"What's the big deal? You weren't here for inspection! Secondly, you have a sparring partner!"

"...!?"

Instantly hearing that, Kira left his friend, and began heading up stair's. A smile crept upon his face, he waited for a month for a sparring partner to go against. All of the other student's got their's a few months back, the only thing Kira could do was train with Sai and Sari. 'But this time... I have someone else!' His heart raced with excitement, he was finally able to catch up with the other student's!

The door ahead of him was shaded with grey, on the front was a symbol of an animal. To be more specific, a wolf. Kira began to slow down his pace, letting out ragged breath's. 'Well... This is it....' He gripped the door-knob, and gave a slight shove. Instantly taking a breath, and spoke clearly.

"Welcome."

In front of him, a boy. About his age maybe, though he couldn't see his face because of the hood.

Kira raised a brow in curiosity, the boy who stood before him had a slender feature, more feminine. "Umm... Hi? I'm Kai, nice to meet you...." The boy introduced himself nervously.

Kira wasn't sure if he could reply instantly, all he could do is stare at him. "I...err... Hi...err... I'm Kira, nice to meet you too." He stammered, offering his hand. He watched the boy shook his hand firmly, and turn away slowly. "Ah... This is awkward...."

"Yeah..."

"....."

They stood in silence, either of them saying a word. Though for some reason, Kira wanted to ask what his life was like before coming to the academy, but was cut off by Kai.

"Oh! Isn't it almost time for supper?"

"...Ah!"

He answered shortly after the reminder. "We gotta go!"

"Yeah!"

As they began walking down the stair's, Kira couldn't help to raise his suspicion's on Kai. 'Who is he really? What did he do before this?' He sighed, it was slowly driving him insane...