safer than ever (2)

Fetus Camren/Lauren. Sequel to adoption because there was demand for it.

-

Teaching Lauren to swim becomes one of Clara's favourite parts of the week. Seeing her daughter in the Lion King armbands they'd bought her, and nervously bobbing around the pool makes her smile.

"That's the deep end," Clara explains as she helps Lauren down the steps. Even the shallow end is deep for Lauren. "You can't swim down there until you're really good."

"'kay," Lauren answers, clinging onto Clara, "'eep."

"I know this part is deep too," Clara laughs, "but that's only because you're so little. It'll get shallow when you grow bigger."

Lauren kicks her legs under the water, and Clara beams, "Are you sure you don't know how to swim? Because that's what you're supposed to do."

Lauren giggles, happy she's made Clara proud, because she wants to stay with the Jaureguis forever. After a few minutes of explanation, Clara tells her how to move her arms and her legs to do the front crawl, and Lauren splashes around in the pool, managing to swim to the other side under the support of her arm bands and the pool noodle Clara had gotten out for her.

"P'ay?" Lauren asks Clara when she sees the inflatable shark in the pool shed. She wants to play with Clara, because none of the adults at her old house would ever play with her, and she's really hoping that Clara will be nicer. "C'ara, p'ay?"

Clara gets out the inflatable shark and tosses it into the pool. "There you go. You can play with the shark."

"P'ay me?" Lauren asks, clinging onto the side of the pool and kicking her legs. "C'ara p'ay too."

"Okay," Clara smiles and gets back into the pool with her. They play for a while – Clara chases Lauren around the shallow end of the pool with the inflatable shark, making sure to go slow so that Lauren can try and swim away.

Lauren lets out a loud, happy squeal when Clara finally catches her, shouting out, "C'ara win!"

While Clara wishes that Lauren would call her 'mami', she knows it's a work in progress. She knows it'll take a while, and she's okay with that.

She takes Lauren inside and pours her some lemonade, smiling as the little girl gets wrapped up in the Lion King towel they'd bought by Mike.

-

When Angelica comes over for the first time, and Lauren starts calling her mami, Clara can't think of a time she's ever been happier, because Lauren is hers, even if she didn't have her from when she's a baby, and they've bonded so much in such a short time. She has a daughter, and she can't think of anything better.

"Mami?" Lauren toddles into the kitchen as Clara is making dinner. "'amila come?"

Clara smiles at her. "You want Camila to come over for dinner?"

"'es," Lauren nods, "she- she girlfwend."

"Okay, Lauren," Clara tells her, "I'll call Sinu and see if she'll bring Camila over for dinner."

"More 'isses," Lauren murmurs, because she hasn't seen Camila since they met, and she wants to see her girlfriend, since that's what Camila said they were. "'iss her."

Clara laughs. "That's sweet. I'm sure Sinu won't have a problem with Camila coming over."

Thankfully, Sinu says yes, and drops Camila off at half past five. Lauren excitedly introduces her to Angelica, excited that she has an abuela, and Camila tells her all about her abuela as well. They go into Lauren's room before dinner, and play with Simba and Nala again, but halfway through their game, Camila looks up nervously. "Lolo?"