Aryana - The girl from Yemen

Part One 

Aryana wrapped her scarf tighter around her bare neck as the crisp autumn wind danced around her. The golden brown leaves crunched under her feet as she shuffled through the busy streets of Manhattan, with only her thoughts for company. Her blunt fringe lifted to reveal her mysterious golden eyes which were speckled with green and displayed her sun-kissed skin.

She was on her way to University which she had been attending for six months now, and looked forward to finishing her first year. The constant hum of conversation and taxis beeping had become second-nature to Aryana and she found the hubbub comforting now rather than an irritation, it kept her mind on reality and helped her not to focus on how broken she was inside. The past few years had been hard for her and yet thinking about her parents still brought a lump to her throat. She was an orphan. Her mother died soon after having gave birth to her and her dear father followed due to a broken heart. Life was difficult without them and sometimes she wondered how she could carry on, but fortunately she had her loving grandmother Esme.

Her grandmother had been her rock ever since the fateful day her father died and she still remained her best friend. Aryana had always been shy and withdrawn no matter how hard she tried to open up and copy the other girls, nevertheless Aryana had blossomed into a beautiful flower and had acquired both her mother and fathers' looks, she was an English rose with delicate Yemeni features. She was tall and slender with silky ebony hair and olive skin to match and without trying never failed to get a mans' attention.

Someone calling Aryana's name had awoken her form her daydream and she scanned around to see who it was, her best friend Jean was standing outside waving wildly to signal her to come over and join him. She quietly laughed to herself and walked over to the crossing and pressed the lights to cross the road. When she walked over to him he hugged her warmly and said "Aryana I was Callin' your name when you were all the way down the street". "Sorry, I was miles away" Aryana laughed. Jean glanced at her a little longer than normal and wondered if she was alright he quickly dismissed his thought and ordered them both a cappuccino. "So where you off to?" Jean enquired "Oh, you know Uni I just want to go and finish off some written work i've been set, It's due next week...and you?" "I'm waiting for Lara she should be here soon we're going to the movies." Jean replied. Aryana stirred her drink and sipped it slowly. She smiled at Jean and glanced up to see Lara waving at her through the glass window, she waved back "Your dates arrived Jean" Aryana pointed behind him " Oh right I'll be off then" Jean smiled happily "Sweetheart I'll call your cell later" with that he kissed her cheek and went through the door. Aryana watched them walk off into the distance and watched as jean put his hands around Lara's waist; she was happy for them even though she felt a pang of jealousy. Jean had Lara, Lara had Jean and she had no one.

Aryana was just finishing her drink and she pulled her cell from her bag for the time, she got up to leave and bumped straight into - James.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Authors Note: 

This is my first ever story so could you please vote, comment and fan 

Thanks