Trying To Prove You're Over Him

Shawna

I walked to the park with my friend, Tal, and I knew Liam was going to be here because Tal and Mason are helping me get back at him. I wore something I knew would catch his eye, and Tal's.

I walked over to a bench and sat down with Tal. I felt Liam's eyes burn onto my skin as Tal and I talked.

"I need to go talk to her." I overheard Liam say with my wolf hearing.

"I don't think she wants to talk to you, dude." Mason said to him.

I looked at the ground then back at Tal, feeling a sharp pain in my chest.

"Has any girl ever hurt you?" I asked Tal. "I mean, relationship wise." I heard Liam growl.

"I've never been cheated on, if that what you mean."

"It hurts more when they're your first of basically everything." I frowned and paused before saying, "So that's why I'm going to approve of your next girlfriend." I joked, trying to ease the tension.

"Shawn, I'm so sorry." Liam said and I shook my head.

"I'm sorry he did that to you." Tal said then he stood up and picked a flower from a bush then handed it to me. I smiled and smelled it. It actually smelt sweet.

"Its fine, but it'll be a while before I start dating again." I stood up as well and looked at Liam for a split second.

"Shawn. Please forgive me." I shook my head then left with Tal by my side.