#27 | Request

"How did a girl like you get detention?"

"It looks like Princess went and broke the rules. What did you do?"

"So your a bad girl now? I like bad girls."

My ear buds were in ready to ignore those who wanted to start a conversation. I didn't see him walk in but he sat next to me and poked me with a pencil.

"Hey Hey!" he whispered, his voice light as he lightly pressed the pencil against my shoulder. I look over an see Mason. I smile at him, removing an ear bud, then spoke softly.
"What's up?"
"Can I borrow a pen?" his voice still in a whisper. A smile grows on my lips as I eye the pencil in his hand and raise an eyebrow as he looks at his pencil before clarifying why he won't use his pencil. "I don't like pencils, pen are better. Easier to write with."

"What are you writing?" I whispered my eyes flicking to the teacher in front of the room then back to the pen that I was handing to Mason. A smile grew on his lips as he thought for an answer, he must know what he's writing if he's the one writing it?

"A story." I hold the giggle that tried to escape as I looked away. His eyes filled with sadness and insecurity.
"Laugh all you want. This story it special." when he said special, it was a true feeling of special. It was a safe kind of special.

"Special, how?" I asked leaning in closer. He lacks his lips before being interrupted by the teacher standing up with a loud thud. I learned back in my chair and placed my ear bud back in giving Mason a small smile.

"I'm leaving for a moment. I trust you are mature enough to stay put." and with that the teacher was gone. The three boys in front of me were out of the class within a matter of seconds leaving just us in the class. I flip my head back at Mason who was intently writing. I tapped his shoulder causing for him to look at me.
"It's for my sister. She too sick for us to visit. She says my stories make her feel better, forget how sick she is for a bit. She doesn't mind how bad they are. I write so she can smile." he spoke, his voice wasn't as quiet now that we were alone.

"That's beautiful." I whisper, he just nods. I watch as he continues to scribble words onto the paper. After 10 minutes he looks up with a sigh before placing the papers into a folder from out of his bag. Zoe. It said with flowers around it. It was beautiful to see how much he cared for her.
"You want to get out of here? We could go to Rob's?" he asked standing up. I smiled before joining him.

"I'd love too."

***********************************
I WANT TO APOLOGIZE FOR THE LACK OF UPDATES!  I really do. I've been super busy and before I knew it I had a WHOLE heap of requests lined up so hopefully I'll post a couple today and maybe tomorrow.

This one is dedicated to: Horselover61

Hope you liked it.

So, until next time...