Chapter Fourty Three

Start from the beginning

Yash answers truthfully, "No, everything is settled now."

Nimrit smiles and Ranveer suggests with a grin, "That's great because I and Nimrit-"

He turns to face his smiling wife and turns back to continue, "We have planned honeymoon for Armaan and Kavya as a surprise gift."

Yash, Sonia and Myra stare at them in shock and murmur in union, "Honeymoon?"

Penthouse, RGC Office, Mumbai

Kavya stands against the floor length window of the sitting area and stares outside, while processing the events of the last night, sufficiently Armaan's way of handling her at the back of her mind.

Though Vikas had provided complete details of Riya's case and suicide to Armaan, it wasn't simple for anyone to assume what might have affected her last night. One needed to know her thinking process well to judge her actions before deciding a way to calm her.

However, the way Armaan handled by making her speak her heart out first. Then showing the right amount of dominance to stop her wild thoughts and grab her whole attention before giving the needed assurance on her each doubt and insecurity.

Kavya fails to deny Armaan indeed knew her and the way, she melted in his arms and didn't allow him to leave her side even for a second creates a fear in her senses.

He had left her once, he may do it again.

But Armaan's activities since morning kills every fear her alert mind was developing.

The hint of hurt, she ignored in the morning in his eyes, when she pushed him off the bed and took time to remember the events of last night. Then his sudden change in behaviour to annoy her and not allow to become upset on recollecting Riya's case. Plus, the incident happened in the basement and lastly their hug.

Kavya wraps her arms around herself, remembering how Armaan got her to the penthouse by carrying in his arms. Though she wants to blame her tiredness to not argue or ask him to allow her to walk, she cannot ignore the feeling of contentment during that time.

A part of her wished to rely on him to test, whether he can offer her the needed comfort and support or not. It wanted to give him a chance to prove her, whether he was serious to seek forgiveness and give their relationship another chance.

She closes her eyes as she recollects the slight disappointment her heart experienced, when Armaan informed he had to go back after making her comfortable on the couch. But it was important as he had to send Varun back at the police station and needed to take care of some paper work, regarding the same.

Kavya eyes open to see her hands as the memory of her fight with Varun clouds her mind.

She realises, Armaan could have asked his bodyguard or the police officers to hurt Varun. But he didn't, he allowed her to hurt the person, who caused pain to Riya, to her and might cause pain to Geetika, if he wasn't exposed at the right time.

Armaan knew, she needed to hurt him with her own hands for giving justice to Riya with whom she compared herself. He knew, she needed to feel strong and confident, who can fight her battles and not end up dead as Riya.

Another realisation downs on her face as she recollects Varun was already vulnerable and weak to even fight against her. It can be assumed, he was starved the whole day and the ropes were tightly secured around his wrist, plus there was low ventilation in the basement. He was enough tortured to not survive longer.

Undoubtedly Armaan wanted her to fight him for her own satisfaction. But he was cautious of her state of mind and didn't wanted to cross the limits.

He was confident, she won't use the knife to hurt Varun and will prefer to use her hands. But he stayed close by as he was aware, if the fight lasted longer than she might lose her senses again and hurt Varun more than intended.