I'll Always Lay Here Right Next to You >>Nouis

-Where Niall and Louis have things to mend.

Niall laid in bed, the sun shining through the window and into his eyes.

He would like to say he had just woken up, but he hadn't. He had been up for hours, all night actually. He hadn't slept a wink. He hadn't slept in a few days, to be completely honest.

He closed his red rimmed eyes briefly before opening them and letting out a shaky breath.

He let go of the broken picture frame that he had cradled in his arms for the first time in 2 days. He didn't care at the moment at the sting on his arms as he let it go, at the fact that, that probably meant that he had accidentally cut himself on the broken glass.

He sniffled again as he looked at the empty side of the bed where Louis would usually be laying. Most mornings Niall would wake up in Louis arms, small snores coming from Louis slightly open mouth and his hair all over the place. That was one of his favorite sights, it always made his day that much better, waking up to Louis.

He shook his head-he was not going to cry anymore, not over this.

The memory of a few nights ago was still fresh in his mind, Louis yelling at him because he had no one else to yell at. Louis smashing the picture of them that Niall always kept on his nightstand because he didn't know how much it meant to Niall (and Niall knows that if Louis did know how much it meant then he wouldn't have done it, because no matter what Louis said, he did care for Niall).

Louis being absolutely pissed and hurt and heartbroken.

Niall didn't blame him, the rumors got to him sometimes, and Niall would always comfort him. But sometimes Louis didn't want comfort and Niall tried to understand and be okay with that.

He didn't mean it though. When he yelled at Louis he didn't actually mean it. He just couldn't stand seeing Louis put all his defenses up, he was used to that. What he wasn't used to was Louis putting those walls up against him.

Niall laid the picture down on his nightstand and carefully picked up the glass from the bed.

He knew he needed to get up and ready, they had an interview in just a few hours. But he really didn't want to go because then Louis would be there in all his glory, smiling and joking around and to everyone else who didn't know him like Niall did, they wouldn't think anything was wrong.

But Niall did know Louis, more than anyone in the world.

Niall would see right through Louis façade and it would make him crumble inside to know that, that was his fault.

He hadn't meant to bring it up, he didn't want to start a fight. But sometimes things like this got to him and all he wanted was his boyfriend to comfort him and reassure him. But it got to Louis too, and his first response was to get angry and hide his feelings.

Louis had always been like that, ever since Niall had known him. And Niall wasn't dumb enough to think he could change him. Because he loved Louis, even when he was stubborn and upset and wouldn't open up to anyone. Niall loved Louis no matter what, flaws and all.

His phone started ringing, the screen lighting up in the lightly lit room. Niall's heart skipped for just a second, praying and crossing his fingers that Louis would be at the other end of the phone, spouting apologies and promises to come back home to him.

But it wasn't. And Niall was left in disappointment when he saw Harry's  name lighting up his screen.

Niall loved Harry, don't get him wrong. But today was just not the day, and Niall knew he shouldn't have been blaming Harry but he sorta was. If Louis went anywhere the other night, it would've been to Harry's. How ironic he thought. I guess the fans got some of it right.