Gravity Falls High

**cover by @ScratchNSniffSweater **

It had been three years since we last stepped foot in Gravity Falls. I don't know why but our parents never took us back. I missed everyone back there. Especially Wendy. I had always dreamed of going back...but...not like this. Our parents started fighting, and one thing led to another, and they decided to get divorced. So now Mabel and I, until they figure out who stays with who, are going back to stay with our Grunkle Stan. But this time it's not just for a summer. We're going to attend Gravity Falls High.

Mabel and I have changed a lot since then. Mabel has really matured, not just emotionally but physically. She has dumped her puffy sweat shirts, and traded them out for tight shirts and skinny jeans. She doesn't use headbands anymore, now she styles her hair every day. Her new style is actually...well...in style.

I have also changed a lot. I'm much taller now and I have dumped my old outfits. That's right. No more silly shorts. Now I wear jeans like every other guy on this planet. I got rid of that vest, like, once we left Gravity Falls, and that hat has been traded out with ski caps. I love those things now. I also cut my hair and I now style it into a quiff. All of the girls back in Chicago liked my hair. They always played with it. And the only reason I had girls doing that is because I kind of became popular. I learned how to skateboard and made a ton of friends that way. I have also changed emotionally. I'm no longer a nervous kid. I'm more confident.

I thought about this as I looked out the window of the bus leaving Chicago. Mabel was sitting next to me, listening to music. I felt a cold chill on my arms and I put on my red hoodie. I looked out the window and watched snow fall. It was December and it would be the first Christmas we wouldn't be with our parents. As the bus left Chicago, I put in my ear buds and blasted music into my ears.it had been a long day of packing and I grew tired. Yawning, I looked over at Mabel. She had already fallen asleep and was quietly snoring. I closed my eyes and fell asleep, dreaming about what it would be like to re enter Gravity Falls.

"Yo Dips wake up!" Mabel yelled, pulling out my ear bud. I jumped at the sudden ringing in my ear. "We're here! We're her!" She squired, pressing her face against the window. I looked out and saw the one and only Mystery Shack. Stan was standing at the door, conning some tourists. The doors of the bus screeched open, and Mabel and I took our bags and walked to the door. Stan looked up and saw us.

"Kids! Go in and buy something." Stan said, first to us, and then to the tourists. Mabel dropped her bags and ran to him, I stayed back and slowly walked over. I noticed some teenagers looking out the windows. All the guys were staring at Mabel and smiling. The girls were...well...staring at me and taking pictures on their phones. As a joke, I pulled out my phone and took a picture of them. They smiled and backed away from the window.

"Hi Grunkle Stan. It's been so long!" Mabel said, embracing Stan in a hug. He stepped back as if he wasn't expecting it. I walked up behind her, putting my phone back into my pocket.

"Hey Grunkle Stan. Long time no see." I said hugging him. He took a step back and scanned me, his face said he was thinking really hard.

"Dipper? Is that you? You look...cool!" Stan said, patting me on the back. I was surprised, he never really complimented me before. Mabel took her bags and ran up to our room, but I stayed back and scanned the shack, taking in all the details I had forgotten.

"Dipper? Dipper Pines?" I heard a voice from behind me. I knew who it was but I didn't want to believe it. I turned around and saw Pacifica standing there with her group of friends. "I thought that was you!" She smiled at me.

"Hey Pacifica." I said, taking my hat off and running my fingers through my hair. She stared at me as I did so and my eyes widened. She was doing the same thing that all of the girls back in Chicago did. "Oh shit! Pacifica Northwest is crushing on me." I thought to myself. I stood there awkwardly looking around, trying not to focus on her staring at me.

"So are you going to Gravity Falls High?" She asked me, breaking the silence. She seemed to be eager to know the answer.

"Um yeah both me and Mabel are going."

"Yay! You and me will be going to the same school." She said totally ignoring the part about Mabel. "I'll see you tomorrow then?" She asked as the took a few steps back.

"Um...yeah I guess so. See ya then." I said coolly, waving to her as I picked up my bags and entered the shack. I went up to the attic to find Mabel already hanging up her numerous posters. Her bed was made and her bag of clothes was laying on the floor. I put my bags on the floor and began to open them up.

"Hey doofus! Look at what I found! Whawmp!" Mabel said, throwing a book onto my bed. It was the book of mysteries. I looked at Mabel with frustration.

"You know I don't solve mysteries anymore. Go put it back!" I urged her. She frowned and took the book.

"I just thought that since we had come back then you know...maybe you would-"

"No. I'm not going to start again. I'm too old for that." I said taking the book and putting it on a high shelf. I ignored her complaints about how she was disappointed in me, and I made my bed. I laid down and yawned, I almost fell asleep when I heard footsteps on the roof. My eyes sprung open, and I smiled from ear to ear. I looked over at Mabel who was napping on her bed. I jumped off my bed and ran down the stairs. "Roof time. Roof time." I whispered as I climbed the ladder to the roof. A certain red head was standing up there throwing pine ones at a target. "Wendy!" I shouted, a little too loud.

"Dipper? Hey dude!" Wendy said giving me a hug. I had grown over the three years, but she hadn't really grown much taller. I was now at about her height. "It's been so long! I thought you said you were coming back man. I missed you guys." Wendy said pulling away and observing me as I smiled weakly.

"Yeah I know. I missed you too. But my parents never brought us back." I said, rubbing the back of my neck. "But I'm back now so we can still hang out." I said trying to make the moment happy again. Wendy smiled and jokingly punched Dipper's shoulder. The sun was setting and Wendy had to leave. I went back to my room smiling. I wasn't in love with Wendy anymore, but she was still as beautiful as ever. Mabel had finished making up her room and had made up my room too.

"Hey little brother! I made up your room!" Mabel said twirling her hair. I looked at my empty bags and then at my drawers.

"Wait! You touched my underwear?"

"Yeah. It's not like I haven't seen boxers before. Relax, Gruncle Stan said to put on our PJ's and then to come down for dinner." Mabel said, laughing. We did so and walked down the stairs and into the kitchen. Stan was standing there cutting up a pizza. We sat around a table eating pizza and drinking Pitt soda. We got Stan up to date on what's been going on with us and he got us up to date on everything in Gravity Falls. It was mainly the things he had come up with to scam tourists.

"Alright Grunkle Stan. We're going upstairs to get ready for school tomorrow. Good night." I said to my great uncle. He nodded and we left him, walking up to our bedroom. When we got their I packed a bag with a notebook and some pencils. Mabel did the same, and then we went to bed.