Part 2

"Mum I'm home!" Before I could do anything else I heard my mother scream in pain from upstairs. After my dad died my mum met this guy but he abuses us. We have no way to stand on our own two feet against him. I have an idea. I pulled out my phone and dialled Ben's number and hid the phone in my pocket. I ran up the stairs to find my mother laying on the floor unconscious covered in blood.

"Hey BITCH what are YOU doing home so late?!!"

"I uh, I h-had a d-detention"

"YOU ARE LYING YOU LITTLE BITCH!!" He raised his hand and struck me across my cheek. "YOUR ROOM NOW!!" I knew what was coming. He never just physically abused me. It was sexually too. I ran to my room I knew he would go into his room where he kept the handcuffs, I had seconds to talk to Benedict. That is if he had picked up.

"Benedict, listen to me. I only have a matter of seconds. Come to my house now!! I need you! Please just get here now. I will explain tomorrow." I gave him no time to reply I shut off my phone and cowered in the far corner of my room. I curled up in a ball and prayed Benedict would arrive soon. Then he came storming in through the door, holding not the handcuffs but a baseball bat. My heart stopped. The first blow was to my right thigh, as was the second and the third. I knew that my thigh bone was broken. The tears were streaming down my face, he started hitting me in my stomach. After two blows I was laying on the floor. He grabbed me by my hair and raised his hand to hit me in the face.

The door burst open and Benedict came running in. His eyes widened when he saw me laying on the floor, I was bloodied and bruised "WHO THE HELL ARE YOU AND WHAT ARE YOU DOING IN MY HOUSE?!"

"I AM HERE TO SAVE MY STUDENT!" with that Benedict punched him straight in the face. He fell like a ton of bricks. "Oh my god darling. What happened?"

"My mum's boyfriend he abuses us."

"Us?"

"SHIT MUM!!" I tried to get up but fell back over in complete agony.

"What happened?"

"Baseball bat. broken thigh."

"I will check on your mother then I will take you to the hospital." he left the room and came back minutes later his head hung low. "She's gone"

"NO! NO YOU'RE LYING TO ME!!" He came over to me and embraced me tightly. He picked me up bridal style and carried me out to his car. As he carried me down the stairs I hung my arms around his neck and looked into his eyes, they were so caring, so loving. I passed the room my mother was in, I saw her lifeless body laying bloody on the floor. I sobbed into Benedict's shoulder. He placed me gently in his car and drove me to the hospital. The drive was in silence. I was rushed straight into surgery. Apparently I needed to have the bone in my leg reconstructed.

I woke up the next day, Benedict laying in the bed next to me. Well I say laying he was propped up and on the very edge. His face looked free of stress and peaceful, I tried to pull myself across the bed to give him more space, when pain shot up my leg. I winced which I think woke up Benedict. "Oh, you're awake." he said as he leaned down and kissed me lightly on the cheek. "I will go and inform the doctors." He got up and walked out of the room. he was gone a matter of minutes and when he returned, he was joined by a female police officer.

"Miss Cole? I need to speak to you."

TBC Comment and like please. Hope you enjoy it. it will get better soon. I promise xxxxxxxx