Chapter 1 - Welcome, Your Majesty

"What do you mean that I'm a princess?" you asked, looking out the limo window for any indication on where it was taking you.

"Well, there's not a lot of ways to mean it, is there?" your dad said on the other end of the limo phone line. "You're royalty. I thought you'd be thrilled."

You looked around the limo. "Ha ha. Funny, Dad. There's a camera in this thing somewhere, right? You're playing me."

"Nope. No hidden cameras. No playing. Just good old fashioned life-long secrecy."

"So you're telling me you put me on a plane with a first class ticket to break the news to me?" you said, half teasing. "I guess that's why you bought me new clothes too?"

Actually... that was really strange. Wait. Was he serious?

"Yeah. I thought you might hate me less." he replied.

"I thought it was a graduation present! Not a bribe."

"We're sending you to a friend's castle." he said casually, as if it wasn't the most ridiculous statement you had ever heard. "There are three princes there who are sturdy young men you can learn from. I'm also providing you with a personal assistant. He'll be able to answer all your questions about your tasks and future duties as queen."

"What the – queen?!" You still didn't quite believe it, but your dad didn't hold onto jokes this long either. "What do you mean queen? Doesn't a princess have to get married to be a queen?"

Your dad gave a bitter snort. "If it were up to me, you'd get married when you're forty, but your Mother doesn't agree with me."

"Wait, Dad –" you interrupt. "Does that mean... you're a king?"

Your dad laughed. "Don't worry about that now, baby girl. Just enjoy your time with the boys. Oh, but – keep it clean."

"What are you –"

"I'll talk to you later, sweetie. Bye now!"

Before you could say anything more, he hung up. You froze, not even daring to blink. This wasn't real. None of this was real. Your dad loved practical jokes. That had to be what this was.

Right?

The limo came to a stop. So did your heart.

	Outside your window was a beautiful brick castle, tall towers brushing against the sky

Outside your window was a beautiful brick castle, tall towers brushing against the sky. The large silver gates in front opened for your vehicle, and the car crawled down the long drive. There was a forest of trees on each side, fresh with green leaves due to the change of Spring to Summer. The lawn –stretching out for miles between the gate entrance to the castle –was being mowed by a single man on a sit down lawn mower.

That dude didn't get paid enough...

When you approached the castle, you stopped breathing. There were stunning cathedral windows, stretches of rose gardens, and two towering fountains reaching at least ten feet high.

You could feel your heart pounding and knees shaking as the limo came to a stop, and two guards approached you to open your door. You stepped out, breathing in the cool Summer air as the sun began to set over the castle walls.

"Welcome, Your Majesty."

You turn your head to see a man in a full suit and skinny navy blue tie. His round face accented his large puppy dog eyes. When he smiled, your heart fluttered for a brief moment.

"You must be [Y/N]." he said. "I'm your personal assistant here at the castle. My name is Taehyung."

---------------------------------------

A/N: Photo credit: Windsor Castle (wikipedia). Never been, but it looks awesome.