5: Hyung

THIRD PERSON

Park Jimin might have not acquired Haneul's phone number, yet that did not stop him from pestering her. Or so that was how Haneul called his out of the blue visits for the week that had passed.

She had given up on telling him to stop seeing her, due to his persistence that burnt her out. Now her only request was for him to visit at reasonable hours.

"Jimin I swear, it's too—" Haneul immediately shut her mouth and gawked at the figure outside her door, her senses instantly being wired back to their nerves. "Oppa?"

Damn, what happened to looking at peepholes before opening the door?

"Who's Jimin?" her brother questioned, eyes narrowed in suspicion.

"Jimin?" Haneul innocently chirped back.

"I think I heard you say the name."

"I did not." She shook her head vigorously, sporting an innocent expression.

"Nevermind," mumbled her brother. But that did not exactly mean he was convinced. He gestured for Haneul to move aside. When she did, he entered her unit and dropped the paper bag on the kitchen counter before heading to her room and diving into her bed.

Haneul spared a glance at her brother with a small pout and peeked inside the bag, finding neatly arranged lunch boxes. Included was a note which she took out before folding the paper bag close.

Make sure you eat properly, Haneul! Fighting! - 엄마 ~ヾ(^∇^) ♡

Feeling delighted, she went back to her room and fretted upon the sight of her brother already sleeping soundly on her bed.

"Oppa, I still need to sleep." Haneul sat on the bed side, shaking him awake.

"Sleep beside oppa then." He patted on the tiny space beside him.

"Yoongi-oppa," whined Haneul. She could fit herself there, but it wasn't like she'd be willing to curl herself just because.

"What? You always knock on my door when you're scared of the monsters under your bed." Yoongi spared her a glance through bored eyes. "'Yoongi-oppa, I'm scared! Can I sleep with you?'"

Haneul snorted in disdain, putting her hands on her hips. "I did not sound like a dying squirrel!"

Yoongi, currently sprawled on the bed, peacefully settled himself as if Haneul had not insulted his mimicry just now.

In defeat, Haneul plopped down on him and heard him groan. "Come on, I need to sleep. I haven't caught a wink," protested Haneul, just above a whisper.

After a moment of pushing and shoving, battling each other to death for a spot on the bed, the two Min siblings ended up in a rather...odd slumber position. But that did not even bother them, considering their mutual love for this art of shutting your eyes closed and killing the conscious mind momentarily.

Breaking the sleeping challenge after an hour or two, Yoongi blinked his eyes open hesitantly, followed by Haneul right after her brother heedlessly drove her leg away from him, causing her to roll off the bed.

Haneul stared at the white ceiling, back pressed on the cold, hard floor, contemplating how she was blessed with such kind brother. Despite their compelling likeness that connected them closer, those had also—most often than not—led them to clash with one another.