Chapter Eighty-two

“Don’t talk to her like that, this is my fault,” Zayn jumped in, defending me.

“It didn’t look she was trying to stop you.”

“Harry, I…” I tried to explain.

“I don’t want to hear it, Gabby. You weren’t pushing him off. It’s obvious now that you don’t even care about me anymore; I should’ve known.”

He walked out of the room and downstairs. I got up quickly and ran after him, following him outside and grabbing his hand, desperately hoping he’d stop walking away from me.

When he turned to look at me, his eyes were glassy and a tear slipped down his cheek. My eyes studied his face worriedly.

What have I done?

“Harry, please…” I begged, “Please don’t leave.”

“I was gone for three hours, and you cheated on my within that time. That’s fucked up.”

“Our whole relationship is fucked up, you know that; you’re the one that always says it.”

“Then why are we still together? If it’s so fucked up, then why be with me?”

“Because I love you! I didn’t even want to kiss him, it just happened because I felt bad. I know it’s not an excuse and I’m not looking for one, but I do love you. I swear I do.”

I stepped closer to him, taking both of his hands in mine gently as I looked up into his eyes.

“You’re the only one that I love,” I promised in a soft whisper.

“I love you too, so much, but…after what you just-”

“I know, I know, I’m an idiot. It’s not going to happen again, ever. I would never purposely try to hurt you.”

“Then why’d you do it?”

“I don’t even know myself, honestly. It was stupid, and I-”

His lips pressed against mine, silencing me in midsentence as his arms snaked around my waist, pulling me close to him.

“Never again?” he questioned quietly.

“Never again,” I promised, my lips brushing his before he continued the kiss.

I wrapped my arms around his neck as his tongue tangled with mine slowly.

“You’re mine and only mine,” he stated, resting his forehead on mine.

“Only yours,” I repeated in agreement.

I knew I was his and I always was his. What happened with Zayn confuses me as much as I’m sure it confused him. I don’t know what I was doing or why I was doing it.

“Let’s just go back inside now, okay?” He suggested.

I nodded and smiled as he intertwined our fingers, walking back into the house with me by his side.

* * *

“No, no, no, no, no, no,” I pleaded, slowly backing away from him.

“No what?” he quizzed, pulling an innocent face.

“Don’t do it,” I said sternly.

“Don’t do what?” he questioned again as he got closer and closer to me.

“You know what I’m talking about.”

“I’m not sure that I do…”

“Yes, you-”

A soft gasp replaced my words as my back hit the wall, leaving me nowhere else to go with how close he already was to me.

He stood in front of me, his lips just centimetres away from mine.

“Now I have something else I can do,” he mumbled on my lips and I felt them curve up into a smirk as he did.

I closed my eyes to the indescribable feeling of his lips brushing over mine with each word.

“Harry…” I breathed out softly, whispering back.

“Shh… Why talk when we can do this?”

His hands gently cupped my cheeks as his lips pressed against mine softly, my eyes closing and lips kissing him back slowly.

Eventually his hands left my cheeks and traced down my sides, resting on my hips as the kiss became more passionate – our tongues slowly tangling themselves with each other.

Gradually, he pulled away, his lips lingering on mine in the peaceful silence that filled the room.

A small smile began to spread across my lips until it was replaced with a squeal of surprise when Harry attacked my sides with his fingers, tickling me.

I struggled in his hold to get away, squirming against his strength as I laughed.

“St-stop!” I begged quickly before laughing again when he didn’t listen.

“C-can’t breathe,” I informed him in between my laughs.

He stopped, “Fine, I’ll let you have a break to breathe.”

Before he could block my way, I ran from him out of the room and downstairs trying desperately to avoid another tickle-fest.

My body froze when I got to the sitting room. Zayn was lying on the sofa all beat up and bloody.

What happened to him? I thought he left a week ago…

I've been trying to make the chapters longer…but I have also been writing them during school so I'm sorry that they're short. I'm going to work on making them longer. xx