14 years later...

Hello, this Melanie. I am fourteen years old, live by myself (more one that later), and is a princess. I am crying right now, I wasn't supposed to go back and look at the other entries but I did. That woman died and my father cheated on her. My mother gave me this book two weeks ago. She said she found this in father's old stuff.

I live by myself because both of my parents are dead. My father committed suicide when I was five, and my mother died in a fire. It was awful how my father died. I was in my room coloring a picture, when I heard a loud bang. I got up and went to my parents room. My father had a gun in his hands and he was on the floor. There was blood and it terrified me. I ran back to my room and sat in my closet, rocking back and forth. Once my mother got home we cried together and she explained what my father did. My mother died last week in a fire. I was out in the woods picking berries when a fire started in the kitchen. My mother was in the kitchen helping out and I got back to late. The fire was already out but my mother was dead.

My family isn't like the girl who had this book before me. Sure we had maids, but they didn't do everything. Lots of nights I would make dinner, or I would do my own laundry. When I was 7 years old I never let the maids clean my room. I never let them clean, because I had holes in the wall where I hid animals and I didn't want them to discover them and tell mother. Now I live in the downstairs living room in the castle. Since there is no power, I have to to go to sleep when the sun goes down. Which it is, I'll write more tomorrow.