[10] Awakening

God my back was hurting this morning, so was my arms and legs. I have no idea what was in the serum, but whatever it was I never want it again. I was curled up tightly against someone's torso so I straightened out my legs and sighed heavily, feeling my hair slowly fall down and tickle my nose- WAIT WHAT.

I spring up and open my eyes, seeing my now HUMAN BODY. I WAS BACK BITCHES, AND BETTER THAN EVER. I quickly check over my body and make sure everything was back, my pale skin, dark brown hair and hazel eyes. I was even wearing my pyjamas that I first fell asleep in back in my dimension which was pretty weird. Where the heck did they go when I was a cat? Someone's deep groaning made me snap my head back towards the bed, then I remembered that I was still in Bucky's room. He was fast asleep, his long hair crazily sprawled across his pillow and forehead as his relaxed body was buried in the covers of the bed.

"Uh," I cough a little. "FRIDAY?" I sheepishly ask.

"Present, Miss Rachel." I hear the robotic voice answer. "Pleasure to be of service,"

"Uh, can you like lead me to where someone is? Like the main level? I don't know anymore?" I try to remember where the kitchen as, but my sense of smell was now back to normal and I couldn't use it to sniff out food.

"Of course. Head left down the hall and straight to the elevator. Go to the 80th floor marked with a small red circle." She tells me before silence fills the room once again. I carefully make my way across the room and quietly open the door, stepping out into the dark hallway. It was probably open about 8:00 so everyone was probably only just getting up and heading to the kitchen to eat. I follow FRIDAY's directions and get into the elevator, pressing the button for the main level. The elevator slowly stops and dings, and I step out into the entry. I could hear a bunch of people talking and the scraping of knives and forks against plates, so I began to get nervous. What the hell was I gonna do, just go in and yell out "Hey! It's me!"

Actually.

That's not such a bad idea.

I ignore the butterflies in my stomach and step into the open. No one noticed me at first but I met eyes with Steve Rogers. His mouth goes slack and the fork drops out of his hand. This alerted everyone and like a domino effect, they all turn around and stare at me.

"Well, I guess the serum worked." I shrug sheepishly, looking around the room that was now dead silent.

"FRIDAY, confirm that this is Rachel." Tony mutters, gobsmacked.

"I can confirm that at precisely 3:46am this morning, the feline inside of Mr Barnes' room morphed into the woman standing in front of you, also known as Miss Rachel." FRIDAY repeats to him. Bruce Banner stand up, watching me intensely.

"This is kinda awkward." I voice a little, watching as everyone was literally staring at me with their mouths wide open. I purse my lips and move all my weight onto my other leg. "Well I mean, I can leave and everything but like I'm kind of in the wrong universe." I tell them.

"Here, I'll take- take you to my, uh, my lab." Tony stands up too, grabbing onto Bruce's arm and pulling him towards me. I feel his other hand grab onto my arm too and Im dragged into the elevator.

"I can't believe it." Bruce mumbles. "It actually worked."

"Very late, the effects were halted because of something, but what?" Tony agrees. They begin their science talk as I stand in between them awkwardly.

"Maybe it was halted because of a problem with the development?"

"Brucie, I made it. It was perfect."

"Well maybe something went wrong this time? Honestly, you make too many mistakes in an hour to be perfect."

"That's offensive."

"And true."

"You guys fight like an old married couple." I speak up as the elevator opens on a random floor, surprisingly not the lab." They both turn to look at me, still wide eyed and slightly confused. Tony grasps my arm and drags me forward, opening a door without knocking and shoving me in.

"SHE'S HUMAN!" He calls out and a bunch of people all spin around to face me.

"I mean, wasn't that your objective?" I kind of stutter, seeing Simmons gasp with surprise and run over, asking me question after question.

"YOU WERE A CAT BEFORE. AM I THE ONLY ONE FINDING THIS WEIRD?!" Mack speaks up once again, although everyone agrees this time.