seven

MYSTIC FALLS - PRESENT DAY

The Salvatore brothers watched as the man they had once fought against knelt down in front of the body of a young woman. She was beautiful to say the least, with long dark hair, tan skin and innocent features, she didn't look a day over 20. She would have Silas to thank for that when she finally woke up.

Silas had been chanting for what seemed like hours, occasionally he stop and hold the pendant above her head only to continue his chanting a few moments later. Eventually he stood up, either having given up or finished the spell.

"So, what now?" Damon questioned, his hands buried deep in the pockets of his jeans.

"Now we wait."

And they did. They waited for hours and hours. Silas had even begun to question if he had really broken the spell or not.

These worries were quickly washed away when a soft groan sounded throughout the Salvatore's boarding house. Silas was by Athena's side in a flash, his hand lacing with hers subconsciously as her eyes slowly opened.

"Where am I?" Her fingers rubbed at her eyes as she sat up, not fully aware of her surroundings.

Her chestnut eyes slowly wandered to the man next to her and they widened in alarm. Athena pushed herself away from him, attempting to stand only to find that her legs weren't functioning properly after over 2000 years of being asleep.

Silas caught her easily before she could hit the ground, a small smile evident on his lips.

"Athena, you need to calm down. I can explain everything."

He helped her slowly stand, leading her to the sofa where they took a seat, Damon and Stefan standing nearby.

"What is this place?" She asked softly, fear still coursing through her mind.

"This is our house," Damon spoke gently, not wanting to scare her anymore than she already had been.

"What happened to me?" Athena looked at him with wide eyes. "Why are you all dressed like that? Why is there two of him?"

"I put you in a deep sleep so that when you finally woke up, we could be together."

"I am terribly sorry, but who are you?"