Missing✨

Tafoya pov

Egypts phone once again goes to voice mail. I've been worried lately. She's been missing for a day now, and the last time I seen her was when she was going out somewhere with that nigga Kadir. I specifically told her to be back home by 10pm, since she has school in the morning.

She said "Alright momma Foya"

Like always. And I'm here a nervous wreck about her, and she hasn't been home. It's literally 11pm right now, and she left at 3pm yesterday.

Mateo walked in, and sat next to me on the bed. He looked pissed. "Ayo checked Detroit, she nah there. Key went to Lansing, and nothing. Lonzo was already in Grand Rapids so he looked there for us, and he said he ain't see her. They done asked people, and nothing."

I groan and grip my hair.

"Imma beat up that nigga." He clenched his fist. "Where my son?"

"He might be eating."

Legend walked in eating chips. "Did you guys find her?"

I shook my head. "No."

I realized that Legend is starting to follow her in her actions too. Egypt was talking back to me, and Legend tried to do it too. I beat his ass, but since Mateo came back, she been respecting me more..

But it was because Mateo threatened her. And he talked to her about respect.

I get up. "I'm gone find her."

"It's late though.....Imma go out again."

"Nah. You just got back from jail a couple weeks ago. Rest. And you needa rest anyway because of that tumor."

He sat back on the bed. "Love you."

I walk away. "Love you too."

I throw on black sweatpants, a black sweatshirt, and my black cat 13. I grab my phone, and leave going into the car.

I put my hair into a messy bun, and sigh.

Bet Imma get grey hairs at 35. And that's still young.

I'm gonna go deep in Yipsi. Where Mateo, and I used to live.......ion like going by there but I have to.

I start the car, and drive out of the parking lot.

*
*
*

I park at McDonald's since Imma jus walk the rest of the way. I get out of the car, and put on my hood, and put my hands in my sweater pockets since it's chilly, and slightly windy.

Literally every street corner you see gangs. Forreal. But I'm used to it.

I go up to a woman. "Have you seen this girl?" I ask taking out my phone, and showing the lady a picture of Egypt.

She nodded. "Yes. She was with a boy. I saw them when I was walking home. They were running. Down that block." She informed pointing around, and down the block to my left.

I nod. "Okay thank you."

"If you can't find her, you should notify the police."

I nod. "Alright."

I begin to walk away, towards the direction where she pointed they walked.

Police are enemies to me. Ion like em, ion wanna get twisted up wit em, ion want nothing to do wit em.

*
*
*

I arrive home, and I still haven't found her. I check the time, and it's 3:30 in the morning. Legend was sleeping on the couch, and the tv was on. I get a blanket and a pillow, and put his head on top of the pillow, and put the blanket on him succeeding not to wake him up. I turn down the tv, and turn off the lights. I walk into me and Teo's room, and he was on his phone.

I pout. "Why haven't you slept?"

"I'll sleep when you home, and laying next to me."

I strip, and put on a big tshirt. I lay down next to him, and he turned and wrapped his arm around me.

It was silent, until he sucked his teeth and sat up. "I'm real worried bubbles."

I nod. "I know. Me too."

"Because ion wanna get a call of them asking me, 'can you come identify this dead body.' And to find out it's my first, dead." He explained. I began to hear aggravation in his voice.

I nod. "Okay. Imma look in the morning."

"Nah. I will."

"But you have to sleep."

"I know. But Imma sleep when I find her." He said walking out.

I sit up, and grip my hair in frustration.

I don't know where Egypt is.

She maybe isn't even with her boyfriend.

It just worries me, if you think about all the possibilities of things that could be happening to her.