Chapter One:Meeting Matt

*rrrrriiiiinnnnnggggg* "Okay class,see you on Monday". That was Mr. Castillo, our science teacher. I went out of the room and headed to my locker.

"Annika,wait!" I looked up and search the source of the voice.  It was from Chloe, my bestfriend.

"Oh,hey!" we both ran to each other fast, and hugged each other.

"Annika, I want you to meet someone special" Before I could ask who, she pulled [dragged] me to all the way to her locker. Right there on the spot was Matt.

"Annika, I want you to meet my boyfriend, Matt" I thought Chloe was joking. I was half expecting that some famous tv host was gonna pop out of nowhere and be like "gotcha! This is all a prank to get you" or something like that. When I got back to the real world, I gave her a crooked smile to let her know that I was happy for her but deep inside I was heart-broken.

I actually have a crush on Matt, but why would he notice someone like me? He is Matt Thompson, THE Matt Thompson and he's just perfect.WHY??? He's the quarterback in our football team, a smart guy and probably one of the hottest guy in our year. And I'm nohing. I'm just Annika Stewart. Not smart, not sporty and full of flaws.

"Hi"Matt greeted me and extended his hand. I reached it and just held it. I couldn't move. I was smiling on the outside, but in the inside I was screaming!!! My crush in front of me, I was paralyzed. We just stood there, holding each other's hands. I can feel butterflies in my stomach. After a few seconds, I greeted him too.

"Hhi M-matt" I stammered.  Then we shook hands. I wasnt sure if we shook our hands for a long time or I was so lovestruck that everything went slow-mo. Chloe broke our hands apart. Thank God.

"Okay, So...wanna go out?"

"Oh no thanks" I declined.

"How about to the coffee shop just across the street? My treat" Matt requested.

"Uhm,sorry but I-uh-I-ahh-Im busy today. I got a lot of stuff happening" I lied. Chloe wants to have Matt all to herself I guess. I said I'm busy, but in reality I'm just gonna lock myself in my room scrolling through my sites and remembering how lonely I am.

"Oh c'mon pleaseee! Dont think that you're gonna be a third party or something, just think that were going there as a group of friends."

"Sorry, I really cant. Maybe, next time" I said. I hope Chloe didnt notice my fingers fiddling. I was about to go, but Chloe wouldn't have it.

"C'mon, dont be a killjoy. Lets go!" And with that, she pulled [dragged] me out of the school and we were headed to the nearby coffee shop. I didnt have any choice but join them. Or I could run away screaming.....yeah, that could work. While thinking about my plan, Chloe whispered to me.

"Hey, Annika. Do you have a crush on my boyfriend? You've been acting weird since you've met. I know he's cool, hot and handsome, but remember HE'S MINE!" Of course I didnt tell her that I have a crush on him. I like Matt but I love My bestfriend more.

"I know he's your boyfriend. No, I dont have a crush on him and he's all yours." I said.

"Hey, is everything okay?" I wasnt sure if he heard us or not.

"Everything's okay Matt!" Chloe said in a sweet annoying voice.

The rest of the walk was so awkward. I decided to walk behind them. I really feel that I'm third-wheeling here. Good thing we were a few blocks away. Matt is such a gentleman! He opened the door for us, bought us frapuccinos and pies. Well he did say it was his treat. He was just so nice. I think I like him even more. They sat on the table near the glass wall and I sat on another table. Before I went to my table I whispered something to Chloe.

"You need some time alone"

Then I gave her a thumbs up when I sat down. I sat on a very comfy purple chair. While I was relaxing, I pulled a book from my bag. I'm such a bookworm. After an hour, I started feeling tired, so I bid them goodbye.

"Aww,leaving so soon?" Chloe asked, but I know she's not really sad because Matt is there.

"Um, yeah. I better get home, It's getting late"

Chloe hugged me and bade me goodbye. I said goodbye to him as well. When I was near the door, I passed through Matt, I think I saw Matt wink at me and smiled his smile, that would make any girl drool Or I was just Hallucinating.