[Chapt. 4] What Is That?

Asher's POV

I couldn't believe what was happening. I felt as if I was just going crazy, or if I'm simply imagining things but it felt too real.

It was real...

In front of my eyes was my boss going limp into this things arms. I was scared, I wanted to run and hide like a little boy I am, but I just stood there frozen in place.

I looked up to Mr. Patterson and i could tell he had a problem with this person, or thing which kinda scared me.

"Ah-- that was delicious, if i may add." The person said, dropping my bosses body like he couldn't careless.

"And who might this cutie be? He sure does look delicious to eat." He says, licking his lips.

"I-I..." I was about to try and talk but, Mr. Roman beet me to it.

"He's none of you're concern, bloodsucker."

'bloodsucker? what did he mean by that?'

"I'm pretty sure he can speak for himself Alpha. Now like i was saying what is you're name pretty boy?"

"U-um.... it's Ash-" I was stopped in my sentence by someone slamming their hand on the counter hard. I looked up and surprisingly it was Mr. Roman who done it.

He looked tense at the moment and I know I'm not going crazy when i caught a glimps of his eyes turned a bright yellow.

"I said he's none of you're concern dammit! Now leave, or I'll make you by force and belive me I would rather have it the hard way." Mr. Roman says, in a more demanding voice.

"Hahaha... fine, but I'll be back for that cutie just you wait. And oh, sorry not sorry for you're mangager by the way she was delicious.... until then."

After the strange man left it seemed that , Mr. Roman calmed down and looks better now. But I couldn't help but look at my manager who is dead on the floor-- and is that b-blood I see?

"Hey, Asher are you okay? You look sick?"

"Yeah I-Im okay j-just gonna sit down for a bit." I told him going into the back.

I noticed that he followed me into the back where he just stood there next to the door with his arms crossed.

"Are you sure you're okay, Asher?"

"M-mhm... just need to sit down and r-rest..." I told him.

As I sat down on the couch I started getting light headed all of a sudden. I put my hand over my forehead to feel my head was getting hot. I heard footsteps coming closer to me and finally stopped in front of me.

"Are you okay, Asher?" Mr. Roman asks, me while putting his hand on mine for some odd reason and surprisingly it felt good to be there.

"U-um if I'm I'm being honest... no. I fell like I'm gonna pass out any minute actually." I told him honestly.

"Well you should rest here for a while and when you wake up all this will be done, okay?"

"W-wait... what do you mean all this will be done Mr. Roman? I know I'm not going crazy right? I know what I saw an-" I was suddenly shushed by his finger.

"Shush Asher, you've been threw a lot today and all you need todo is take a nap to rest yourself, okay?"

He told me in a demanding tone, but not real mean in a way. Kind sounding and smooth in his own way I guess.

I just nodded and rested my head on our couch pillow next to me. As I got comfortable, I felt my eyes started to get heavy on me until I finally feel into darkness.

But before I did, I couldn't help and think; 'how am I gonna explain this to Uncle Trevor and Quinn?'

Mr. Roman's POV

I watched as Asher, finally went to sleep. He looked peaceful, and beautiful while sleeping soundly. Before I left him for now, I gave him a quick peck on the head before heading back into the front room.

'Sighs... how am I gonna explain this to, Asher when he wakes up that, oh hey! You're manager was just killed by a bloodsucker and is never coming back...'

I thought to myself.

I went over to the dead body and examined the neck carefully to see what kind of bloodsucker did this to this poor women.

"May you be in peace, Linda"

I wished this didn't happen to you, and I wished he never came, but I will kill that son of a bitch! Not just for you're sake, but also for Asher-- no my mate.

I see this will cause a problem, but until that happens I gotta protect him and his family.

^_^_^_^

Hey, my lovelies!!! For starters I am really sorry for the loooonnnnnggggg wait, but plz forgive me and thank you guys for being patient with me for not yelling at me for not updating this and also including all my other books.

But the reason for that is because I'm trying my hardest to update them back to back so that's a reason why and many more (etc) but as always don't forget to vote, comment, and add to reading list.

Until next time 😊 byeee!!!