Its Not Part Of The Test...(Wheatley x Reader)

-Update: I'm not sure what the few chapters of random letters were about but here is another chapter and I'm going to write another chapter as soon as possible because I haven't for awhile-

Promotion. (Wheatley's P.O.V.)

Ever since I was little I always wanted to enroll to be a scientist in the Aperture Science Laboratories, and still today with each day of work I'm still amazed by everything. GlaDOS was my boss and she is a little bit strict but she is still fair, even if almost no one has seen her. I also made a few friends during the years of working here, but recently I got a promotion from GlaDOS that changed almost everything that I used to live.

On the day I got the promotion I was just hanging out on my break with my best friend, Brian. He was a bit shorter then me with short ruffled bright blond hair and he may be obsessed with space but he is still the friendliest guy 'round here!

On that special day I sat down in the break room alone for a bit. I leaned back in my chair that made me look at the entire room. The break room was narrow and shaped in a rectangle. The entrance was twords the middle of the wall. There was a medium sized, wood, coffee table onto the left side of the room when you walk in. On the other side of the room away from me was a corner made of counters and an authentic Aperture Science coffee machine. It was all znazzed up with shiny metals and cool looking technology, although, next up to the ridiculous freak show of a coffee maker was a worn out, old, dirty, regular, coffee maker. It made the most amazing coffee you could imagine, despite its appearance. I favored it over the Aperture one. I just didn't trust the damned "sparkled" coffee.

Just before I got lost in my very important thoughts about the different coffee, Brian just happened to walk in. He had a lot of papers so I guessed he is going to work a little on his break.

"Word going 'round the office that we and a few other co-workers were going to get promoted to test subject care takers or studiers." Brian said as he dropped the papers with a grunt. He then franticly tried to organize them on the wood table.

"Oh really? I heard that we were going to get fired." I said getting up to go make some coffee for us.

"Well Rick flirted his way around the officials to hear that you, me, Johnny, and him were gonna be promoted." Brian said reassuringly.

I finished up making the coffee and set it on the wood table for us. I leaned on the table and gave Brian a discouraging look.

"Brian, Rick may be a man of adventures but he also is a man of exaggeration." I said as I sit down. "LOTS of exaggeration."

Brian shrugged carelessly.  "You can never know with that guy anymore, but there is still a good enough chance."

Brian goes back to his large pile of papers that needed organization immediately.

I leaned back on my chair once again enjoying the silence I never get. Besides the fact of the large amount of papers being shuffled across from me, its still more silent then usual with the dying subject's screams far off and all.

In a surprising timing, the speaker called for me, Brian, Rick, and Johnny to go to a "meeting" with GlaDOS. We looked at each other for a moment. Then we rushed out of the room full of anticipation and curiosity. leaving our untouched seaming cups of coffee on the wood table.