{Chapter 11}

I wanted to move. I wanted to do something, knowing I was somewhere in the middle of a battlefield, but not understanding where exactly Kakashi or Zabuza were.

Then I felt this...just terrible chakra take over the entire area, almost smothering it. I drew out a kunai from my weapons pouch quietly. I didn't know who the chakra was coming from...it could've been Kakashi, or Zabuza, or Haku. Anyone, really, so I stayed on my guard.

I heard someone question, "Is this...Zabuza's doing?!" Kakashi. I was close enough to hear him, so that was good. So, it wasn't Kakashi. That ruled out one person.

He seemed to be talking to himself, "-Has the binding spell begun to unravel? Is the seal broken?"

Seal? What seal? What is he talking about?

He continued, "...I sense..." But he cut himself off.

He knows...he knows what's going on! He knows who's chakra it is!

Although I moved closer to the sound of his voice, I still couldn't see a thing. The chakra surrounding us was so overwhelming. I had to act fast, and now. I was in danger here. I had that feeling of dread.

But...almost as it was a miracle, I began to see shades of black, grey, and blue again, like before. I was able to see through the mist. I could see where Kakashi and Zabuza were. Also Sakura and Tazuna, and even Sasuke laying on the ground...probably unconscious or dead. I could see Haku and Naruto, but Naruto appeared different. He was the source of the chakra. That little knuckleheaded Genin had that much chakra. It couldn't be his own. He had to be getting it from somewhere.

I turned my attention to Kakashi when he pulled a scroll out of his vest pouch, and as he opened it, he marked it with his blood, and he spoke, "Listen to me...Zabuza...I'm a busy man. You're a busy man. We've both got a lot on our plates...and it goes against the grain to even suggest this...but what do you say we stop screwing around..." He began to make hand signals as he threw the scroll up in the air, "...And wrap this up right now? One big move, winner take all?"

A voice responded out of the mist, "An intriguing notion...what's left, Kakashi? Show me what you've got!"

I looked over at Naruto and Haku just in time as the boy charged at Haku. Haku responded by throwing senbon needles at him, but then, Naruto let out an awful roar that I could hear even from where I was, and he deflected the needles. Without even touching them.

It's hard...to tell the difference which is which from this distance, Irealized, even with the power I was using, whatever it was.

Eventually Naruto had a hold of Haku's arm, and I could see he couldn't withstand the chakra very well. Naruto drew his arm back as he made a fist, and decked Haku square in the face. Haku flew backward through one of his mirrors, shattering it along with the other ones before skidding across the ground. Naruto had won, it seemed.

But Haku stood up, half of his mask falling from his face before the rest of it did. Naruto was charging towards him at this point, and he was about to throw another punch before he...stopped. He just stood there.

Why isn't he attacking him? I questioned and was frustrated that I couldn't hear their conversation. They were actually having a conversation. This was more than odd.

"This posturing will get you nowhere, Kakashi!" Zabuza shouted, causing me to bring my thoughts back to their battle, "You can't even tell where I truly am!!! While I, on the other hand, know exactly where you are and exactly how to defeat you!!! You are completely enmeshed in my spell!"

I noticed Kakashi crouching down with the open scroll stretching out in front of him, and then I looked at Zabuza just as the ground seemed to break open, and multiple dogs attacked him. Two had him planted to the ground by his ankles already, and then they held his arms, and one was biting into his shoulder.