Chapter 8:

Chapter 8 :

BROOKS POV

So today Michael was taking me out on a 'date'. I hate to admit it but I'm really really really excited about this date maybe because I can actually spend some time with him for once without something hectic happening. I decided to text him and tell him that I would meet him at his place since I didn't want my mum to interrogate him for an hour, I also didn't want anyone to see us that would be social suicide for me.

My outfit consisted of a navy blue dress that had small white poka-dots printed all over it. I had some white high platform sandals on. My hair was curled and left down , I didn't really put much make up on as it was quite hot out again today but enough to fix myself up a little. Chase told me to tone my outfit choices down and not look like a fresh clean barbie doll. It was strange him giving me advice and more importantly me taking his advice, but he does know Michael so I guess he's helping me. I picked up my bag and Michael's leather jacket deciding to give it back to him today since I've probably kept it a little too long.

''Mum i'm going now.'' I called out gathering up my phone and purse

''Where are you off too again?'' she asked folding her arms looking up and down at my outfit

''Out with Ava.'' I lied, something I haven't done much within my relationship with my mother but it was beginning to become easier to do.

''Doing what exactly?''

''Um shopping and having some lunch.''

''Okay! Don't be out to late'' she smiled and went back into her office , I let out a deep breath and went to pull the front door open before being interrupted by my brothers voice.

''Hey I'll give you a ride.'' Chase said grabbing his keys and walking out of the door. I followed him out and got inside the passenger seat and did my seat belt.

''I like the new you.'' he chuckled

''What?''

''You're not so much a bitch to me anymore''

''You're still a dork.''

''I know.'' he grinned and I laughed along as he began screaming the lyrics to some cheesy white girl song that came on the radio.

*****

I waved to Chase and looked up at the familiar white house. I haven't been here since that day Michael beat up Ryan, I took a deep breath and walked up towards the house I noticed a silver BMW parked on the driveway which made me feel uneasy because there was a 50% chance Michaels mum was home. I raised my hand to the white door and knocked gently on it twice. As there was a glass window in the door I watched as a middle aged women with blonde hair walk up to the door and open it, she smiled sweetly and I gave her a smile back.

''Hello may I help you?'' she asked

''Is Michael here?'' I asked slightly digging my nails into the palm of my right fisted hand, something I did when I got nervous.

''One second.'' she closed the door slightly and turned around yelling up the stairs. She shortly returned and opened the door wide again smiling.

''Are you Brooke?'' she asked to which I nodded and she smiled brighter gesturing me to come inside.

''Well come in! Michael is just getting ready.'' I nodded and entered the house. 

''You have a beautiful home Mrs Clifford.'' I said trying to make harmless conversation with his mother who stood in front of me.

''Aw thank you so much. Call me Karen.'' she insisted - for a split second I remembered Michael telling me she was newly divorced to his dad... shit was I suppose to call her by her maiden name? I don't even know it.