17

It was a day after everyone but Arabella had been invited to Jason's funeral.

Arabella honestly didn't want to go in the first place, but if she got an invite, she wouldn't complain at all and attend it with Eric.

Speaking of, the young Queen had just left Eric on the football field for new captain tryouts; so in her free time she decided to go to Pop's alone.

The girl walked across town to the small diner where she sat alone in a booth.

Casually swirling her chocolate milkshake and blowing a strand of hair that covered her forehead back and forth, Arabella was bored out of her mind.

Pop's was so much more fun when her friends were there with her, but her food finally arriving at her table made her equally as happy.

"Chicken tender basket with a side of ranch," a long, black-haired woman smiled, placing a small metal basket in front of the teenager.

"Thank you, Miss Hermione," Arabella sat up straight and smiled sweetly, noticing the name on the woman's name tag.

"If you need anything else, I'll be near," Hermione said before walking back to behind the counter.

Arabella was munching on a French fry when all the happiness in her face became a sour look. Cheryl Blossom had walked into the neon diner alone; her eyes traveling as if searching for someone.

The red-head finally found who she was looking for and strutted over to the booth until she was looking down at Arabella.

"Wow," she began, "just when I thought a little witch like you couldn't get more pathetic, you're sitting alone in a dingy diner eating a basket of chicken fingers."

Arabella smiled sarcastically, "Cheryl, please, if I wanted lessons on how to be a pathetic, soulless ginger, I'd just knock on your door."

"There's a perk to being soulless-"

"The fact that nobody wants to be your friend?"

Cheryl arched an eyebrow before sighing sharply and pulling a black and red envelope from her fur coat's pocket.

"Here," she said holding the invite out to the young Queen, "Mother and Father wanted me to invite you. Apparently, you're important, so..."

Arabella's eyebrows furrowed confusingly; her eyes not changing between the letter and Cheryl's already annoyed face.

The Blossoms wanted Ara there for a reason and she kind of couldn't wait to find out.

After seconds of processing the information and a response, Arabella suspiciously accepted the invitation.

"Thank you, Blossom," Ara said before Cheryl gave her a slightly disgusted look and turned to leave.

But Arabella stopped the strawberry blonde prior to her being completely out of reach.

"And," Ara began, "I truly am sorry about Jason."

Cheryl turned to look at the girl, sorrow prominent in her eyes, like a scream for help, before she finally left the diner.

Arabella couldn't help but feel horrible for the girl, but the young Queen quickly suppressed her feelings and remembered the feud between the families.

The girl munched on her food and was also finished when someone she least expected walked in. Ara didn't really notice the woman until the lady sat down at her booth.

The young Queen looked up from her texts to Betty, who was reporting to her about their findings on the case, with complete confusion.

"This is probably the last place I expected to see you, Mom," Arabella laughed, sliding over some left over French fries and milkshake.