The Bad Boy, Cupid & Me [ 25 ]

Mr. Collins chose his words carefully as he fiddled mindlessly with his fingers. 

“Chloe, I’d like to talk about your results for the test you did yesterday.” 

I sat in one of the empty leather seats in his small office, wondering why I was here. Is he surprised that I (obviously) got full marks? Does he think that just because Reece always gets the highest score that I’m copying him since we were talking in class yesterday?

“What about it?”

“Well…here’s the thing…” Mr. Collins sighed as if he were in pain, “How do I say this?” He muttered to himself.

“Just say it?” I laughed half-heartedly, even though he was beginning to make me nervous.

He took his glasses off and let out a breath, “Chloe, you failed.”

I looked at him like he belonged in a mental institute. All I could make out was an uneasy laugh. “Haha, good one, Sir. But April Fools passed already." 

“You think I’m lying?”

“Well, duh.” As soon as the words left my mouth, I sat straighter and cleared my throat, “I mean, c’mon, that test was easy for me.”

“I’m afraid your results don’t seem to agree.” Mr. Collins told me. “Here, take a look for yourself.” He said, pushing the papers in front of me.

Sure enough, there was a large, red ‘F’ at the top left corner of the sheet. I turned to the next page and instantly recognized Reece’s handwriting, but with my name on it.

A pissed off smile formed on my lips.

Oh Reece, you are so dead.

“Why are you smiling? I was half expecting you to cry.” Mr. Collins said honestly.

“Just tell me I can re-sit the test, please.” I begged.

“Of course.”

“Thank God. Can I leave now?”

My math teacher looked puzzled, but nodded anyway.

I was half way out the door when I looked back and smiled sadly, “Oh Mr. Collins, I would have killed to see the look on your face when you marked my test.”

“You wouldn’t have liked it.” He assured.

Maybe he was right.

I would have loved it.

I walked out of his office and immediately locked eyes with Reece.

“You’re so dead!” I told him, adding affect by drawing my index finger across my neck.

He laughed, looking amused, “Come at me, Nerd.”

I stared at him, shocked, before I sprinted after him. A retarded battle cry escaped my lips as if I were a Spartan in the (ridiculous) movie, 300.

It took him a whole second to react, turning around and running down the corridors as if his precious life depended on it. I couldn’t stop laughing as he pushed people out of his way and causing some to drop their books and cuss at him.

People made way for me as I dashed past them. I focused on Reece’s back, occasionally admiring how his muscles flexed as he ran in his black shirt.

I mentally slapped myself, now was not the time to check out the guy that made me fail my test.

Reece pushed the school doors with force, as he ran out to the courtyard. I was hot on his heels, only 2-3 meters behind him.

“Give it up, Chloe! You’ll never catch me!” Reece shouted with a grin when he looked back for a split second.

Sometimes, when someone underestimates you, it releases a sudden power within yourself, not just to prove the person wrong, but also to prove yourself that you can do it.

So, I pushed my legs harder, the hardest I could’ve endured. I could feel the burn in my calfs as my dear legs constantly cursed me.

“Do you wanna bet on that Reece?!”

He turned back, laughing and about to make a remark, but in that slight second that he turned, I knew it was my queue to jump.

And so with a loud Oomph, I tackled Reece Carter to the ground.

I began hitting the jerk.

“You idiot! You should be thankful Mr. Collins is letting me re-sit the test or else you would not be breathing right now!”

He tried using his hands to shield himself as I kept slapping him. Finally, he managed to grab hold of both of my wrists and smirk.

“Fiesty, I like that.”

I instantly blushed.

Reece’s eyes left mine as he examined the position we were currently in.

I was, kind of, well, actually…straddling him.

My entire face turned as red as a bonfire.

God, please get me out of this situation. Preferably, right now.

My gaze subconsciously fell onto Reece’s soft, pink lips, immediately making me remember the number of times I’d forced him to kiss me, and the stupid bet we’d made.

‘Fine. You know what? I wont kiss you ever again…until you ask me to kiss you.’
‘Do you really think that I’ll ask you to kiss me, Chloe?’
‘Reece, one day; you’ll be begging me to kiss you.’
‘Wanna bet?’
‘Oh, it’s on.’

I mentally sighed; I really, really wanted to kiss him right now.

“Is there something on my perfect face?”

My eyes snapped back to reality, I needed to get out of this mess right now.

God? I thought you were going to help out?

And then a miracle happened.

A miracle that made my eyes widen in fear.

I slowly tried to get up. “Okay, Reece. Don’t freak out but…”

“But what?”

“There’s a…”

He began to look terrified.

I watched as a huntsman crawled up his neck. My breathing became ragged.

“Reece, there’s a large spider - ”

He shoved me off him, jumping ten feet in the air. “SPIDER? FUCK! HOLY-FUCKIN’-SHIT.”

Then he proceeded to rip his shirt off and violently wave it around as he continued to yell all the cuss words that ever existed.

I sat where he pushed me off and brushed some off the dirt off my uniform, laughing quietly at this aracnaphobiac who looked so cute when he was freaked out…and ten times hotter with his shirt off.

Words could not describe how much I wanted to kiss him right now.

~*~

A/N - Hey I just met you, and this is crazy, but here's my story, so COTE it maybe? <3

More Reece & Chloe moments. Chloe & Reece. Chleece. Rhloe. Ceece. Roe. Carmel?
Bleh, I'm tired. COTE! :D