Chapter Fourteen - Jaxon

Arielle showed Jaxon around Princess Designs on Monday. She opened the shop at nine and her staff were waiting. The customers were still quite a lot because the shop was still going strong from the news it had received. Arielle had taken the article of her shop and framed it then put it on a wall in the shop. It looked good.

Jaxon helped out, getting friendly with the staff and talking to the customers. They were all charmed by him, he was a very charming man. Just before lunchtime,Cheryl and Kirsten came round to drag Arielle away for lunch in order to discuss wedding plans. Arielle had already named them her maids of honour and they were rising to the challenge, spectacularly. Jaxon reassured Arielle not to worry about the shop while she was away because he had it in the bag. He stayed there while the girls went to a nearby coffee shop.

The shop was quite quiet during the afternoon and the staff all joined Jaxon in a cup of tea. When Arielle came back, they had served two more customers.

"How did it go?" He asked, pulling her into his arms and kissing her forehead.

"Really well. How about here?" She asked back.

"Good, baby honestly. No problems and we had two more customers. I think your ladies range is going well."

"Think I should invest in children's more?"

"No. I think you're doing well where you are." Jaxon told her truthfully as he hugged her tightly. She smiled.

"Kirsten and Cheryl talked about fittings."

"Oh good, remember, I'm willing to pay whatever you want baby. This is your special day."

"We're going tomorrow."

"And I can't come?"He asked, a smile in his eyes.

"No. Can you stay here and look after things here? It would be a great help, Jax." Jaxon kissed her lips.

"No worries. You girls have fun. And DON'T WORY ABOUT THE PRICE. Okay?" He cupped her face in his hands as he spoke. She smiled and nodded.

The next day, he did indeed open up the shop and take care of the customers. He allowed each staff member to go on their lunch break one at a time. He went for his own lunch at a nearby Subway where he had a meatball mariana. He then went back to the shop which had only had one customer in his absence. As a result, he dug out a games box from Arielle's office,which for some reason had Monopoly and Twister. As they waited for customers, Jaxon had the staff all playing Twister which was made more entertaining when a mother came in with her young son and daughter. The mother was happy to browse while the children joined in with Twister. Arielle walked in at half past four to find them playing Monopoly (with no customers this time). Jaxon expected her to be a bit mad but on the contrary she found it highly amusing and even joined in until they closed up shop.

"Did you find the dress of your dreams?" Jaxon asked her as they walked back home. She smiled secretively.

"I did actually. You and Zac need to get your suits now. And we need to send out the wedding invites." Jaxon considered for a moment then taking Arielle's hand he spoke.

"Look, Airy... Maybe you should let me take over the shop for now. You've got a lot on your plate right now. It would be easier I'm sure to let me takeover." Arielle hesitated then nodded.

"That would help a lot. Thank you." She hugged him. He kept his arm wrapped over her.

"I'll get my suits during my lunch break tomorrow. You do everything else, leave the shop to me."