Chapter 24

1 year later

~ Jade's P.O.V~

It had been one year since the bloodsucker kidnapped me and Jake hasn't left my side since. I knew he was still blaming himself for what happened. I kept reassuring him that it wasn't. I knew he was still dwelling on it no mater how hard I tried to tell him to forget it and that it was in the past.

Today I was going to go to the orphanage while Jake did some work. I felt bad and wanted to help him but last week I promised Bella I would come back today and I knew I had to keep that promise to her. Luckily Jake understood that I had to go. He was happy that the kids loved me and that they were happy to see me.

I walked to the orphanage and knocked on the door. The door opened and Denise stood there.

" Hello Luna. Welcome back " Denise said with a smile.
" Hey and thanks for having me back " I replied .
" You're always welcomed here " She said.
" Thank you " I smiled.

I walked in and was instantly tackled to the ground by Bella and her friends, who giving me a group hug. I laughed and hugged them back.

" Hey guys " I said with a smile as they got off and I slowly got up.
" Hi JJ! " Bella said happily
" Hey Bella " I greeted.

They got off me and we all walked outside. We played some soccer ( which I sucked at ), we played tag ( which I also sucked at ) and a few more games.

After they all got tired we went inside. I decided to help out so I made them some lunch. I made some tiny turkey and cheese sandwiches and chocolate chip cookies. After we played hide and seek.

-----------------------

I looked at a clock and saw it was
now noon. I had to get back home now.

" Well I got to go " I said sadly.
" Noooo!! " they all cried as they gave me a hug.
" I'll come back guys, don't worry " I promised as I hugged them back.
" Ok " they said sadly.
" Be good for Denise " I added with a smile as I walked out.
" We will " They giggled.

I took my time walking home. I bet Jake was still doing work so why run.

-----------------------

I was currently sitting on my bed watching tv when Belle walk in. I turned it off and turned to her.

" Hey " I greeted her
" Hey, I need to tell you something " She said as she sat down on my bed next to me.
" What's up? " I asked concerned.
" My brother is taking you out on a date and he told me to help you out. Not that you'd need it " She explained.
" When? " I asked with a smile.
" Tonight " She replied and also gave me and smile.
" Ok, let's get ready " I said as I noticed it was five o'clock.

We walked over to my closet and looked around.

" This one? " Belle asked as she held up a dress.
" It's beautiful " I said with a smile.
" Wear these too " She smiled as she held up some shoes
" Perfect " I replied.

She had picked out a light blue cocktail dress with some white heals. I walked into the bathroom and put it on. Then Belle did my makeup and hair. She did a natural makeup look and she curled my hair and left it down.

It was perfect, even though I thought I was going to fall in those shoes but luckily I was ok at walking in heals.