The CEO's Trio ~ Fourty-One

VOTE⚽COMMENT⚽FOLLOW

*

*

*Sebastian*

*Earlier on that very same day*

"We have a deal Mr Reynolds." Misha Laval agreed, rising to his feet and outstretching his hand.

I eagerly took his hand in mine and shook it, beaming widely at him, "Thank you so much."

"It was hardly a problem, you've become a lot more calm these past few months," he raised a skeptical eyebrow, "You're a better man, easier to do buisness with now."

"Thanks?" I replied, unsure of whether it was a complement or not, but to be honest, I couldn't really care.

I just wanted to tell Rylee. Tell her that I could end the engagement with Audri at the very second.

"All the best Reynolds, we should be able to start buisness next week Tuesday." Misha Laval explained, brushing out his suit, and turning to the exit, his men following behind him.

"Until then. Thank you Laval."

I watched him as he opened the door and took the first step out of my office, before pausing and turning to face me, "Don't thank me Reynolds, thank that nanny of yours, if she hadn't begged me to consider your work then I wouldn't be here and you wouldn't be standing there in a suit worth more than my mother's car."

"I'll thank her." I grinned, closing the door behind him and his men, and slumping to the ground, the smile not once leaving my face.

*

"Audrianna," I called, climbing up the stairs and sticking my head up, looking through the open doors. Rylee wasn't home yet. "Audrianna." I called again.

"I'm here." She called out quietly, and I turned around, only to see her sitting on the couch, her eyes a bloodshot red.

"Thank God, Audrianna, we need to talk." I informed her, standing in front of her and taking her hand in mine.

"Sebastian?"

I raised her hands to my lips and lightly pecked it, "I'm sorry," I whispered, sliding off the engagement ring, "I can't do this anymore."

Tears began to fall from her eyes like a waterfall.

"B-b-but I need you, Sebastian please." She begged, sobbing even harder, "We can work this out."

"I'm so sorry, I can.. er.. pay you if you like." I suggested, slipping the ring in my pocket and taking a step backwards.

"That's not what I want, please Sebastian we can make this work." She continued begging, but I shook my head apologetically, "I want to be with you. Please."

"I'm sorry." I repeated, taking out my wallet.

"It's because of Rylee isn't it?" She asked, using her sleeves to wipe her tears. I quickly took out my hankerchief and handed it to her.

I couldn't be bothered to deny it, my cheeks had already changed colour after she mentioned Rylee's name, so I just nodded.

She sighed and leaned backwards, "How long have you guys been going on for?"

"I could ask the same about you and Lex." I replied hastily and she rolled her eyes and took a deep breath before releasing it.

"We aren't together anymore," she cried, burying her hands in her face, "I ended it with him, just this morning." She began crying hysterically, and I just stood there awkwardly.