"Yeah well, I was tired. And it was YOUR idea to get a picture of me in the cell as the guard was taking OFF the cuffs and send it to her. I was grounded for a month thanks to you."

You both laughed while snacking, walking down memory lane one crazy intent at a time. At one point you paused to take a drink and George found himself staring at you. You weren't the little girl he always thought of as a sister. You were taller, funnier and prettier than he remembered. The last time he saw you was a year and a half ago and that was when he realized his feelings had changed. But he didn't  think he would see you again, and so soon. If only he knew if he was allowed to pursue his new found feelings.

You cocked your head to the side and scrunched your brows. "Hey, you ok?"

George blinked. "Oh, uh, yeah. Yeah, I'm good. It's just nice to have you around again. It's just like old times."

Your heart stung a bit at his words. "Hopefully not everything is like old times."

Not catching your meaning George leaned forward, getting dangerously close. "Oh. So you think now, after so long being apart you can school me with your knowledge of the Marvel franchise?"

You winced, tossing your snack trash to the side. "Don't hate me. But because of school, I haven't seen the Iron Man movie with RDJ yet." You preemptively cowered in fear, shielding your face in case he decided to attack you.

George just grinned. Instead of jokingly hitting you, he walked over and picked you up. You squealed as you wrapped your arms around him. But both of you, unbeknownst to the other, did your best in trying to keep your beating hearts from exploding from being so close. You noticed he was taking you to another guest room, a room you noticed but didn't venture into. You suddenly felt excited. He was taking you into his room like he used to do when you would make him upset. He would smother you with pillows until you apologized or were laughing so hard you might pee. You blinked back the memory when he plopped you down on his bed.

"Wait right here. Don't move." He pointed a finger at you and you just gave him a weird look.

You did as he said so when he came running over to the DVD player to let out a gasp. "You did not just put in the Iron Man movie."

George turned around and wiggled his eyebrows. "You were going to stay up late anyways. Might as well do something useful." He bounded over, jumping onto the bed and almost landing on top of you.

"Yeah, like studying!" You groaned as you pushed him off you. You let out a humph as the movie started and he threw a pillow at you. He knew you all too well and your weakness for late-night movies. "Fine. If I fail this test, I am wholeheartedly blaming you."

George shrugged. "Too bad.  You'll just have to stay here forever and take it again and again and again and-"

You shut him up with a pillow to the face. "You would like that, wouldn't you."

George could feel his face get warm when he replied. "Yeah, actually I would."

Your heart skipped a beat but before you could answer the movie was starting. Just like when you were younger, George pulled you over and you both sat super close sharing a blanket and placing pillows up behind you and on your legs. It was comforting watching a movie with him in the past but you were finding it hard to concentrate on the movie in front of you. His breathing, his smell, his leg pressed against yours. His shoulder was at the perfect height to rest your head. But you resisted by paying attention to the movie and, thankfully, it didn't take you long to get enthralled.

George, on the other hand, was not paying attention one bit. He was aware of you and how cllose you were. He was so close to draping his arm around your shoulders or leaning close so you would lay on his shoulder or even reach over and take your hand. But he was shy. And he was ashamed of that. Knowing you as compared to the other girls he has dated, he should have no problem dong any of those things. But because of that knowledge there was more to risk with you.

Perhaps he liked you a bit more then he let himself on to believe.

George tried to focus on the movie but by the time he did it was over and you were sound asleep. On. His. Shoulder. He mentally kicked himself for not noticing sooner and taking advantage of the cuddling moment. But now, snuggled under blankets and pillows late at night with the quiet sound of your sleeping and the movie over, all he wanted to do was hold you in his arms and sleep.

You had no idea how tired you were until you risked it and rested your head on his shoulder. When he didn't do anything, you leaned in closer, assuming he didn't mind. If you knew how much he was freaking out right now while you were alseep you would snort and probably say something to make him feel better.

George yawned. Looking around he thought of how to get you to bed but when he looked at the clock he literally just sagged against the pillows. Nope, too tired to move. So he looked over at you and helped position you so you were laying down instead of sitting up. gently making room next to you, tossing pillows to the side, George made sure to not wake you but not pull away from you completely.

You made a quiet noise once he took your glasses off, setting them to the side. Hesitantly he wrapped you in his arms comfortably and instantly fell asleep to the calming sounds of your breathing.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You woke the next morning incredibly hot. You sat up, pulled off your shirt and thick sweat pants then flopped back on the bed. But what you didn't know was that in your half-wakened state you fell back onto Georges sleeping form where he cuddled you closer. Falling asleep for another few hours the both of you got a rude awakening from your head housemate.

"GEORGE O'MALLEY! You snake son of a -- let go of my cousin!"

The both of you shot up. Looking around groggily you reached up and itched your head. George yawned and peeked through tired eyes at Meredith. "Huh?"

"Exactly what I'm saying. Now explain to me why my cousin is half naked with you in bed!"

George looked over at you and he soon found himself wide awake. But he turned away as soon as he looked, a blush forming. He understood what this all suddenly looked like.

Still waking up, you scratched your leg and your eyes widened. Where were your pants? Suddenly you were very awake. Looking down you gasped remembering how hot you felt earlier. Frantically, you grabbed your fallen clothing, picking up a pillow to hide you from George.

You spotted Meredith at the door, angrier than a hornet, practically strangling a decorative pillow. "Oh great. You're back."

George let out a nervous chuckle. "Welcome back. Did you have fun?"

You snickered but sobered when your cousin glared at you. "Get changed and come see me. It better be what it looks like." She stormed off.

You rolled your eyes at your overprotective mom figure. "And if it was?" You called back.

All you got in response was that strangled pillow being thrown at you. You yelped and stepped aside. George laughed but shut up when you looked at him. The both of you blushed but you eased the tension by throwing the pillow at him.

"Turn around."

He did. He heard you quickly put your clothes back on. Thank goodness you decided to wear the boy underwear and a sports bra.

"Ok. Done."

George turned back around and flung another pillow at you just as you did the same to him. Soon all the pillows were somewhat back on the bed and you were both out of breath and laughing. You walked out of his room,  but turned and pointed at him.

"Don't go thinking that every time we watch a movie I'll get undressed for you."

"But only sometimes?"

You shrugged. "Eh, if I feel like it." You winked then left to go calm the storm that was Meredith.

George smiled like and idiot as he watched you go. Suddenly, he didn't dread coming home every night. And with you about to be working at the hospital, perhaps that won't be such a bad place to be either.