~-2-~

"Please just tell me that the mission was completed by another group so that I can get the hell out of here." Kaylee growled, walking through the glass double doors angrily, shaking out her frizzy dark brown hair and leaning on the table with her fists, glowering at the man that sat at the head of it with a few stacks of papers and files around him.

"See? I told you life's easier here." He commented sarcastically, pointing his pen in her direction before signing another piece of paper. The fact he was doing anything remotely administrative surprised Kaylee already. After he saw that she wasn't in any mood to mess around with his jokes, he sighed and leaned back in his chair. "I'm glad to tell you, Ms. Halloway, that the mission is still in your hands and nowhere near completed." He stated. Kaylee groaned as her hope fell and crashed. Again. There was a chuckle behind her and she just slightly turned her head to see one of her five housemates standing there, shoving his hands into the pockets of his leather jacket casually. He gave her a side smile, knowing that she couldn't hurt him in the presence of their boss. Not that she'd actually hurt him anyways. That was usually reserved for Justin.

"Why do you have your gun in hand?" She asked, nodding in his direction. His smirk didn't fade as he glanced down at the holstered weapon his hand was resting on at his hip.

"The same reason you have your knives on you." He commented. Kaylee clenched her jaw and turned her head to look back at their boss.

"You'll have work tonight." He said, sliding a file across the table.

"Zack's back already?" She asked in surprise.

"What can I say, he's a diligent agent. One of the best."

"Another target location?" She asked, grabbing the file and pulling it open, ignoring her boss's answer to her first question as her jaw clenched again.

"Did I say work?" He commented, "You Ms. Halloway, are going to a college party."

"This is just wonderful..." Kaylee muttered, standing in her bedroom and looking at herself in the mirror. She was wearing a small leather skirt with spandex underneath since it wasn't tight around her legs and a simple grey tank top with  knee high leather boots that she had her long daggers hidden in.

"Isn't it?" The housemate she was closest to, Roy, answered in reply to her comment. She looked at him through the mirror as he sat on her bed, watching nonchalantly with his charismatic hazel eyes. She began to wonder if he had been in their house before as she stared at the bedroom door as if she could see the empty room across the hall.

"This isn't something I ever planned on wearing on a damn mission." She grumbled, smoothening out the skirt again. "It's not even a mission!"

"Why do you say that? It is a mission. An intel mission."

"That is not a mission. That's called playing a game of twenty questions."

"You don't know that."

"Yes, I do! If I kill someone at a college party, one: My cover is screwed, and two: I ruin things for literally everyone!" Roy just rolled his eyes and they both quickly looked over at the door as the quiet sound of footsteps came down the hall. Any other year and Kaylee would have never heard it. Within seconds before it opened, Roy was out of sight and Kaylee's mom peeked her head in.

"Hey, honey what-" She stopped and looked her daughter up and down. "What are you all dressed up for?" She asked.

"I'm going to meet up with Savannah and Rachel at the movies." Kaylee told her quickly. Her mom nodded slowly as if she was considering saying no after the two months Kaylee was gone, and also the death of their eldest daughter. "Don't worry, we'll be safe. Rachel's parents will be picking us up." Kaylee added. Her mom nodded again a little faster; the hesitation gone.