SEVEN

CHAPTER SEVEN

CHAPTER SEVEN

WIRED

When Sylvia Gale got to school that morning everything hurt. Her back muscles were aching because they were wound so tightly together and her molars were screaming out because she'd had her jaw clenched all night, and her legs were sore from walking from her house to the school. 

"Hey look it's Dorthy!" Sylvia sucked in a deep breath when she heard Reggie Mantles voice. The pressure in the back of her brain seemed to spread to the sides so her whole brain felt like it was being squeezed. 

"What do you want fuckface?" Sylvia hissed at the football player. She looked up at him through her lashes and recalled how amazing it felt to hit him back in the seventh grade. 

"Hey now, there's no need for that," another boy- Chuck, Football Captain, smiled.

"Neither was your birth Chuck," she told him, leaning on her back leg, crossing her arms over her chest, "But yet, here you are. So what do you dickweeds want?" 

"Nothing, we just heard you and Wednesday Addams were leaving Pops together last night." Sylvia rolled her eyes.

"Listen Reggie if you want to know if Jughead's still single, he is, and can do much better than you." Reggie sucked his teeth and took a step closer to her, into her personal bubble. All the hair on her body stood up and for a moment all Sylvia heard was a loud buzzing sound. She felt her blood turn to fire as her heart started to hammer away and adrenalin started to pump into her system.

"Watch what you say freak." She looked up at him, her eyes void of all emotion, "How about you step away from me before I rip your throat out with my teeth. Alright?" Reggie paled considerably when he saw how serious the Gale girl was. He took a step back.  As did Chuck and the two other football players that had followed them.

Other teens in the area started to watch what was happening. None of them could actually hear what was being said but they all wondered if the girl would fight one of the boys.

"And Reggie?" She asked in the same, cool, monotone voice, 

"Yeah?"

"How about you leave Jughead alone today. Wouldn't want to end up like Jason Blossom, would we now?" None of the boys said a word as she stared them down. It took a moment for the words to register. Chuck took a large sudden step, past Reggie, towards Sylvia and glared.

The buzzing sound got louder as Chuck's face got closer to hers. Onlookers started to pull out their phones, hoping that if there was a fight, they'd be able to record it.

"Did you kill Jason?" She let out a humerous laugh.

"No. But just because I didn't kill him doesn't mean I won't kill you. So back up fuckboy." Chuck glared at Sylvia for a moment before spinning on his heel and walking away, Reggie and the two others  following him closely. 

Once they were in school Sylvia felt like she could breath. The loud buzzing started to fade and her body started to cool off from the inside out. Sylvia saw that other students were still looking at her, some still had their phones out. She glared at them.

"What the fuck are any of you looking at!" She shouted before stomping into the school herself, wanting the day to be over already. On one hand she wanted to go home and sleep, on the other she never wanted to sleep again. Over all she wanted to go home and cry.

Sylvia had made to her first period classroom, History, when she felt someone touch her arm. They hadn't grabbed her violently, nor had they pushed her arm-they just lightly touched the outside of her arm. But that didn't really matter because on instinct she swung around with a tightly closed fist ready to fight whomever had touched her.

"Hey!" The perpetrator cried out as they jumped back, avoiding being hit. It took Sylvia a moment to realise it had been Jughead that touched her, not a football player and not him.

"Wha-Jughead? Don't-don't- you can't just touch me!" She hissed. Jughead nodded slowly, his eyes narrowed in a calculating way.

"Yeah," he nodded, "I see that." 

"Are you alright?" He asked after a moment. Sylvia nodded unconvincingly. 

"Really, because Chuck and Reggie just told me my girlfriend's insane." Sylvia smirked.

"And you thought of me when they said you had a girlfriend?" Jughead's whole face heated up. 

"Uh-well see, I only hang around you and Betty and ugh-" Sylvia crossed her arms playfully,

"Betty's not insane." 

"Well Betty never threatened a gang member so..." Sylvia snorted as Jughead trailed off.

"To your knowledge." He nodded, "Yeah to my knowledge."

The school bell rang loudly above Sylvia and Jughead, causing the former to jump a foot in the air. 

"You good?" Jughead questioned. Sylvia nodded quietly. Her heart pounded loudly in her chest.

"I guess you should get to class?" She said weakly. 

"I actually start second." 

"Than why are you here?" Jughead's cheeks started to turn red again,

"I thought maybe we could talk or something. I did say next to Jason Blossoms murder you are this town's biggest mystery." Sylvia couldn't help but smile lightly at that.

"I wish I could, but I have History first." Jughead's smile fell.

"But we could talk at lunch or something," Sylvia tried to play it cool-he was the first person in Riverdale who actually wanted to hang out with her, she didn't want to blow it. And it didn't hurt that under the school's cheap florescent lighting he looked kind of cute.

Jughead nodded, "Cool. Want me to walk you to class?" Sylvia nodded. She'd like that.

---

she thinks he's cute! we're getting somewhere! 

sorry for the filler chapters guys but it'd be a pretty boring story if i didn't build Sylvia into an actual character.

anyway be sure to leave comments to let me know what you guys think! (and thank to everyone who already has!)