are you up

Steph: no

ok

Steph: why

I can't sleep

Steph: good for you?

can I please come over

Steph: but I'm hanging with Mitchy

I'm used to third wheeling :)

Steph: lemme ask Mitch

*Steph added Mitch to the group*

Mitch: what

can I come over

Mitch: no

please!! I can't sleep

Mitch: how is that my problem

I'll ring your doorbell all night if you don't let me come over

or sit outside with a blowhorn

Mitch: you wouldn't

Steph: mitch, you know she will

listen to your girlfriend

Mitch: fine. it's movie night anyway

YAY THANK YOU! BE OVER IN 10

Mitch: no really, take your time

As soon as I get the okay from them, I roll out of my bed and slip on a pair of leggings to go with the baggy crewneck I am already wearing. I don't even bother with my appearance beyond the basics and slip on a pair of UGGs. Then, as gracefully as possible, I stumble down the stairs and collect my keys from the table that sits in the foyer. 

The Jeep's engine purrs to life with one turn of the key and chugs along as I drive the familiar route to Steph and Mitch's place downtown. Dark shadows of skyscrapers and a few lone pedestrians whiz by, while my frozen car attempts to blow warm air.

However, by the time I pull up to Mitch and Steph's building, the heat is no longer needed. I turn the key once more, this time killing the engine. After a small sigh and glance over my shoulder, I tumble out of the SUV and jog over to the entrance to the building. Warm air greets my numb limbs as I step into the lobby and race to catch a closing elevator. I slip inside just in time and select the appropriate floor number from the panel on the wall.

A minute and a half of staring at my distorted reflection later, the doors open, revealing Mitch and Steph's front door. Sluggishly, I walk over to the large wooden door and ring the doorbell. Silence overtakes the hallway as my eyes glaze lazily over the dark carpet beneath my feet. 

The heavy door is soon swung open to reveal a groggy-looking Steph, decked out in her flannel pajamas with a fluffy blanket draped over her shoulders. She manages a small smile before stepping to the side and motioning for me to come in. I smile back at her and step inside the dimly lit condo, eyes going straight to the living room. 

Steph follows my gaze and shuffles into the living room with me right behind her. Mitch lifts his head up from its place on a pillow to see me. Steph immediately flops onto the couch and snuggles back into Mitch. Mitch shoots me one of his signature goofy smiles before breaking the sleepy silence.