Chapter 4

Sorry for not posting in a while, have a lot going on. I'll try to post when I can. Thank you for the support on this story, it really just started because I was bored one day. I'll try to keep writing.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I wake up to the sound of birds chirping. The best thing to wake up to. I take a look at my clock, and sigh when it reads 6:24 am. Why am I up so early? I swear, it's impossible to sleep in.

Not sure what to do, I grab my phone off my nightstand. Two new messages. I unlock my phone and answer my dad's text, which is asking if I want to come over for dinner. I haven't seen him in what feels like forever, so dinner with him would be great. After answering him, I check the second message. It's from Natasha.

12:43 am Natasha: Can't sleep. Been thinking of you. Had a great time tonight :)

I change my mind. Maybe THIS is the best thing to wake up to. I can't help but smile like a dork. What do I answer? I don't want to sound desperate. Is she even into me? Should I play hard to get? Definitely, chicks love that. I laugh at my thoughts after realizing that I don't actually know what "chicks" like, considering I've never really had a proper girlfriend. Of course, I've had my occasional hook ups, and I dated a guy named Lucas before, but I'm not too sure how to attract a girl when she's not drunk/high. I wish I had more experience, I don't want to fuck this up.

After drafting the message several (too many) times, I finally hit send.

6:38 am Elise: I had a great time too :)

Good job Elise. THAT'S how you attract the ladies

I immediately regret hitting send. I should've said something different. I should've told her that I want to see her again. Is it too desperate to send a second message? Oh my god, why did I text her? What if she wakes up and starts hating me because I woke her up and oh my god I fucked up so bad!

Deep breath in, deep breath out. I really do hate my anxiety. I try not to let it take control of me, but sometimes I just can't help it.

I figure I should get out of bed and be productive to distract my mind. I turn on some indie music, make myself a cup of tea, and start dancing around my small apartment. A slow song comes on, and I instantly become sad. If only I had someone to dance with...

I pop some bread into the toaster, and sit on the barstool at the counter. Sitting here always makes me feel cool, like I'm some sort of cool hipster girl. I sip on my tea and quietly eat my breakfast, trying not to drown in my thoughts. I don't even notice my phone light up with a text message until after I'm done eating.

8:04 am Natasha: Got any plans for today?

The heart palpitations and dorky smiles begin again. I can't believe this perfect creature wants to spend time with ME, of all people.

8:19 am Elise: I'm going to my dad's for dinner, but other than that my plans consist of sitting in my apartment like a bum.

I sound like such a loser. I anxiously wait her response.

8:22 am Natasha: Mind if I take you for a walk? No rain today. 

8:23 am Elise: I wouldn't mind at all ;)

OH MY GOD, WHY DID I SEND THE WINK?!? Stupid typo! She's going to think I just want to hook up with her!!! I try to calm down after my careless typo. 

8:25 am Natasha: Great! Pick you up at your place in 30 ;)

I start to panic. Thirty minutes until I get to see her again! And I look like crap! And what does she mean by that winky face? Is SHE just trying to get into my pants?!?

I quickly brush my teeth, put on my makeup, and throw some clothes on. And then throw some more clothes on. And then some more. I hate being indecisive...

I finally decide on a nice white sweater and some jeans, and put on my favourite fall boots. I grab a jacket, and head out the door. Crap, still 5 more minutes until she comes. I awkwardly wait in the hall until I get a text from Natasha.

8:58 am Natasha: Here :)

I head downstairs and am instantly greeted by Natasha. I didn't realize how much you could miss someone in less than 12 hours. 

"How's it going?" she asks me while doing a small wave.

"Not too bad, how about you?"

"Pretty good." She looks at me and gives me a smug little smile. "How about I take you to my favourite park?"

"I'd like that very much."

She reaches out and grabs my hand, pulling me in her direction. It's warm and very soft, sending chills up my spine. I think she notices the effect she has on me, because I notice her trying not to smile. Once I'm standing next to her, she lets go of my hand, and wraps her arm around mine. Our arms are now intertwined, and we start walking through the calm streets.

We talk about many things, such as her dog, my dad, and the weather. We finally arrive at the park, and she directs me to a bench. We sit down next to each other, our sides touching. Wow, it truly is beautiful here. There are colourful leaves on the ground, and blowing through the air. It's like a movie. Thankfully, not many people are here, so there are not any distractions. We can keep our focus on each other.

"I like to come here when I'm feeling sad, helps me distract my mind," she says quietly, looking at her lap.

"It's peaceful."

"I like to see it as my escape, my getaway." She looks up at me and smiles. "Wow, that sounded so cheesy."

We both laugh, and start staring off in different directions.

"Are you sad now?" I ask, after a few minutes of silence.

"How can I be? I'm with you, aren't I?"

My veins start pulsing, and my stomach is filled with butterflies. She looks at me, and I try to make my smile smaller by biting my lip. I probably look like an idiot, but for once, I don't care. I trust Natasha more than I've ever trusted anyone before, and I only met her yesterday.

She stands up and starts walking forward. "Come join me on the swings," she says, reaching her arm out. I get up and grab her hand, and she brings me to the playground, not letting go. I wish I could stay like this forever

We start swinging like little children, and laugh at how silly we're being. 

"I want to go on the slide." I hop off the swing and climb up the jungle gym.

"I'll meet you at the bottom," she says, and makes her way to the bottom of the yellow slide.

"Here I come!" I yell, pretending to be a little kid, and slowly slide down. Natasha catches me at the bottom, and we both start laughing.

She's leaning over me, and I slowly sit up. We're really close to each other. I want to kiss her so bad. We look into each others eyes, and I notice her move her stare down to my lips. I think she wants to kiss me too. Do I make a move? I feel myself starting to lean in.

"Excuse me ladies, my boys would like to use the slide too," says an older woman, causing us to look away from each other.

"Of course, we'll move right away. So sorry about that!" Natasha answers, while I try to keep myself together. 

She lifts me up from the slide, and we start walking around.

"How does lunch sound?" she says.

"That'd be great."