Chapter Twenty Nine

------------------------

Dedication: Pfunzo18 for commenting so much last chapter! Thank you for reading and supporting the story. :)

Recap:

I chose not to answer. Instead, I leaned my head against his shoulder. He stiffened slightly, surprised, before wrapping an arm around my shoulders.

I nestled into him and stared out at the waves which were crashing into one another.

Despite the events that took place mere minutes ago, this turned out to be the perfect night.

------------------------

Hayden: What are you doing right now?

A huge grin lights up my face as I read the message. Since our confession/cuddle on the beach last night, I was left with waves of uncertainty of what was going to happen next. We didn't discuss nor define what we were--it definitely was too soon to put a label on it. 

But we are more than friends. And I am very happy about it.

What is going to happen next? I had come to the conclusion that I wouldn't hear from him until school, where we would either hang out or he would continue to ignore me and refuse to accept his feelings.

The fact that it is barely 10am and he has messaged me, gives me hope that things might actually work out.

Grace: Nothing, I'm bored. You?

Hayden: I'm coming over.

Biting my lip, my smile grows wider. I have never experienced this giddy, nervousness that suddenly is plaguing my body. 

I have dated boys before, but nothing felt like this. And we aren't even dating, so that's saying something.

I had not long showered, my hair still damp, hanging limply down my shoulders. Shrugging out of my oversized t-shirt that I had planned to wear majority of the day, I change into a loose, sun dress with a daisy print on it.

When I hear the familiar rumble of Hayden's item my stomach does a flip-flop motion.

I hear his footsteps ascend up the stairway before he lazily strolls into my room.

"Hey," I smile, standing awkwardly in the middle of the room. I suddenly became acutely aware of what my movements. My hands up behind my head, playing with my hair, contemplating whether leaving it down or twisting it into a messy bun.

"Hey," he replies, flopping onto my bed and staring up at the ceiling. "Whatcha' doing?"

I breathe a sigh of relief as everything seems relatively normal between us, considering what happened last night.

"Seriously nothing," I admit, coming over to the bed and taking a seat, keeping a healthy distance between us.

I'm not sure what is worse--being frustrated at him for not being honest and sending me mixed signals--or this stage where we have both admitted we have feelings for each other, but there's now the pressure of what is to come from it.

"Was thinking about going and getting some lunch?" I suggest when he doesn't reply. 

"It's 10 in the morning," he points out with a playful smirk.

Damn. Busted.

"Er- Brunch, then?" I amend with a small smile. "I haven't eaten yet."

"Brunch," he says slowly, mulling over the thought. "Okay. Sure."