Chapter 9: Blood On The Battlefield.

Thayers warriors drove their horses into the Ice Nation defences. Azgeda were trapped. Trikovakru held their weapons high and growled their war cry to the heavens. It was a sight to see, powerful, threatening and primal. They cut through the Ice Nation soldiers with violent force.
Without hesitation, Thayer rode hard and fast into the fray. I breathed deeply and urged my horse forward into the conflict, adrenaline coursing through my veins. Azgeda warriors on foot and horseback came at us. I pulled my gun from my belt and shot at them, killing soldier after soldier. My Skaikru weapon kept them at bay and acted as an effective deterrent from further attacks. They turned their attention to Thayer, the war chief now recognised her appearance as that of family to Lexa Kom Trikru. I wondered why she revealed her face before battle, the answer was simple; Thayer never for one second expected to loose this skirmish nor did she intend for any Azgeda warrior to survive to tell the tale of of Lexa's mysterious twin.
I watched as Thayer sliced her way through the warriors that attached. She jumped from her horse without pause and faced her foes head on. All around blood and steel flashed through the air. I knew she wanted the war cheif for herself, I could see it in her wild eyes. She headed in his direction, killing anyone who got in her way, without mercy. This fury led to distraction as Thayer failed to see the Azgeda solider storming up behind her. I swiftly aimed my gun at him and pulled the trigger. The bullet hit him between the shoulder blades, dropping him to the ground. Thayer turned at the sound of the gunshot and saw him fall. She looked over at me, nodded and smiled in appreciation. A brief moment of connection between us before she turned and faced the man who brought this violence to her people.

Thayer and the Azgeda chief glared at each other, lost in seething anger

Thayer and the Azgeda chief glared at each other, lost in seething anger. He was taken aback by Thayers looks just as I was when we first met. The pause between them didn't last long. The war chief raised his sword and made his move to attack. Thayer dodged his blade, but never retaliated. The Azgeda warrior attempted this time and time again, continously failing to hit his mark. Thayer was clearly toying with him.
It wasn't until he caught her across the shoulder with the edge of his blade, she finally attached with her daggers. Black blood ran down her flesh as Thayer fought back with absolute precision. She slashed violently at him, cutting into his body. The Ice Nation chief tried to defend himself but the speed of her attacks were to much for him.
His red blood poured from his injuries, is reactions becoming slower. Thayer hit the sword from his hand and knocked him to the ground with one swift punch to the side of his face. He fell to his knees, unable to stand. Thayer pull back his head and drew her blade across his throat, delivering him to the afterlife.
There was a sea of bodies spread across the land. The Azgeda threat was eliminated, their soldiers has fallen along with some of Thayers people. I had noticed Indra kneeling over Rooks body. Both Thayer and I ran over to them. Indra looked up at us and shook her head. Rook had been killed in battle, her lifeless, bloodied body still lay with a sword in its hand. Thayers face was full of sorrow, I had no words to offer the warrior woman who had lost her companion in arms.
The solemn moment was interrupted by one of her people dragging an injured Azgeda solider over to us, "This one wants to talk." She looked at the man, his face covered in blood, "Blindfold this Azgeda filth and take him back to Camp."
I knew she had no intention of sparing his life no matter what he had to say. She was full of hurt for Rooks death and I knew for a wild spirit such as Thayer, that was a dangerous thing.