77 | How To Destroy A God

Start from the beginning

Her legs moved faster than her judgement as she sprinted in the door's direction. Indiana was practically breathless by the time she opened the door to the last person she was expecting. Well, if she was being honest, Indiana had no idea what exactly she was expecting in the first place.

"Killian," whimpered Indiana as she greeted him. Rather than spitting out every question she had in her head or yelling at him for letting their friends lock her up, Indiana just reached out and hugged her older brother as tightly as humanly possible.

When Indiana pulled away from her brother, Killian looked at her with a grave look on his face. Sorrow was written in the whites of his eyes as he requested, "Can I come in, baby sister?"

A vigorous nod came from her as they delved further into Indiana's apartment, where he, then, explained everything. From Zelena and Hades's relationship and their past, to Rumplestiltskin kidnapping Zelena, to the death of Prince James, to Belle French (who was also in the Underworld) being in a coma... Killian told Indiana everything.

Indiana had been so eager to hear everything that she had been missing, yet she hardly blinked as she absorbed this new information. It was as though a weight had been taken off of her shoulders, yet she still remained as stiff as a wooden board.

In fact, the first thing Indiana said after the long hour and a half of Killian rambling on was, "Are you okay?"

Killian scoffed. "Really? That's all you have to say... after all that?" he questioned. Disbelief was laced in his voice. It was then when he realized that the Underworld really did a number on Indiana. It changed her in ways unimaginable. Killian was practically fearful to ask of her what she'd experienced down in Hell. "No questions? Not even about Peter?"

Licking her lips, Indiana shifted her gaze to the floor. "If he's not busy being an idiot, then he'll be fine. I know he will," she said, almost forcing the words out.

If anything, Indiana desired to scream and cry. Once again, she didn't get her proper goodbye all because the fates had it out for her. She didn't even have a chance to tell Peter what she wanted him to know before they were separated for good.

"Peter, before you go," Indiana started after he kissed the top of her head and started to leave, "um... if we don't see each other, I just--"

"Shh," Peter interrupted. "I don't want to hear any of it. We will be reunited as always. I promise you that."

Indiana sighed. "But is it a promise you'll be able to keep?" she mumbled.

"What was that?"

"I said," Indiana began, clearing her throat. "Come back to me."

He never did.

Killian eyed her suspiciously, but before he could say anything, a thought popped into Indiana's head. "Wait," she suddenly said, "why are you still here if everyone left? I thought—"

"The plan originally was to bring me back, yes, but... things changed," Killian emotionlessly answered. Indiana gave him a smile of sympathy, but she knew that if she were to pester him about the topic, he would stick his hook in her eye.

The brother-sister pair sat in solemn silence. They each sympathized for one another. They felt sorry for each other. They had been through so much, just to end up in the last place either of them dreamt of: the Underworld. It was almost ironic. The Jones siblings truly were immortal in the sense that they truly were never dead. Even in the Underworld, they ran away from death.