Let The Sparks Fly.

"MARCO, MARCO, WAKE UP!" I screamed, entering Marco's room.
"JESUS WHAT!" He screamed, literally jumping out of his bed.
"Isn't today that independence day or whatever?" I asked excitedly.
"You mean The Fourth of July?" He said, panting.
"Are you okay?"
"Oh I don't know, my girlfriend almost scared me to death."
"I'm sorry." I nervously laughed. He let out a sigh.
"It's okay, but why did you come in screaming about that?" He asked.
"I guess I was really excited because we're going out today."
"Good point." He said, showing off his signature grin.
"Did you sleep well?" I asked.
"Before you scared the crap out of me? Yeah." He said, nodding his head slowly as I giggled.
"Did you sleep well?" He asked.
"Yeah." I said smiling and nodding like how he was before.
"Really?" He said.
"What?" I said innocently, acting like I had no clue of what he was saying.
"Yeah, just totally act like you weren't mocking me."
"I'm totally not." I said giggling. Marco shook his head and sighed as we started to get ready for the day.
Once Marco and I got ready we went downstairs to eat breakfast. We were greeted by Mr. and Mrs. Diaz. Marco and I greeted them as well.

"Good morning kids and Happy Fourth of July!" Mrs. Diaz said excitedly with a big smile on her face.
"Good morning." Marco and I both said.
"You seem really happy mom." Marco said, smiling just like Mrs. Diaz.
"She's like that because we're going out today." Mr. Diaz said, giving off his usual smile.
"So let me get this straight, we're going to a lake?" Marco asked.
"Yeah, after we eat breakfast we're all leaving." Mr. Diaz said.
All of us finished eating breakfast, which was amazing. Mrs. Diaz's cooking is the best after all. I helped Mrs. Diaz pack the food for when we go to the lake, and Marco helped Mr. Diaz put the drinks in the cooler that they had. Mr. Diaz also brought chairs, so that we can sit when we get there. Marco and I both packed our swimsuits, and I left the puppies some food and water so that they wouldn't starve. Marco and Mr. Diaz put everything that we were bringing into the trunk of the car. As Mr. Diaz started the car and headed towards the freeway, I put my headphones in, resting my head on Marco's shoulder. All he did was hold my hand gently. I saw him from the corner of my eye, only looking forward. I listened to a few more songs before taking my headphones off.

"What are you thinking about?" I asked.
"What do you mean?" He said, turning his head to look at me.
"You seem like you're really deep in thought." I said.
"Really?! Sorry, I guess I was zoning out a bit there." He scratched the back or his head.
"You're always doing that." I said as I shook my head slowly.
"I don't mean to, it just kinda happens." He smiled nervously.
"It's fine dummy." I said.

As I finished my sentence, that's when we finally arrived at the lake. The rays of sunlight reflected off the water, making it shimmer brightly. The entire park was spacious and the temperature today was really hot, but I really didn't mind, in fact it felt just right. Marco helped Mr. Diaz take everything out from the trunk, and once they did I helped Mrs. Diaz prepare the food. We found a wooden table nearby and set all of our belongings on it. Mrs. Diaz thought it would be a good idea for Marco and I to eat first before we go into the water. Mrs. Diaz and I served the guys, and ourselves. The sandwiches were good and drinking the soda that we had was refreshing. Mr. Diaz, Marco, and myself thanked Mrs. Diaz for her amazing cooking skills, and of course she had the biggest smile on her face. Mr. and Mrs. Diaz said that they needed to find something, and that they would be back soon. After Mr. and Mrs. Diaz left, Marco and I were alone sitting at the table.

"Do you like it here?" Marco asked.
"Yeah, it's really peaceful here!" I said excitedly.
"I'm glad you like it, this is your first time at a lake right?" Marco asked. I just nodded my head in response.
"It's not exactly like a beach, but it works." He said.
"Can I ask you a question?" I said.
"Sure."
"Are you sure that you're okay?" I feel like sometimes I can't help but worry about him, I just know know when something is off with him.
"I guess I'm just spacing out for no reason again, sorry." He smiled nervously.
"It's fine, I just wanna make sure that you're okay." I gave him a big smile.
"I promise you, I'm fine." He said.
"You better be." I grinned at him.
"I can't wait for tonight!" Marco said excitedly.
"Why's that?" I asked in confusion.
"I'd tell you, but I don't want to spoil it." He said.
"So you're not gonna tell me?" I said, slightly irritated.
"Pretty much." He said casually.
"You can be a pain sometimes." I glared at him, disappointedly.
"I love you though." He said, trying to make me feel better, but that wasn't going to work.
"Sure you do." I looked at him suspiciously, pretending like if he didn't love me.
"You know you're just lying to yourself Star." He said, giving me his signature grin.
I rolled my eyes in response.
"Okay, drama queen." He said.
"Excuse me?!" I said in shock.
"You heard me." He had a sly smirk on his face.
"It's okay, at least I'm not a safe kid." I giggled, knowing that he had a irritated look on his face.
"You give up?" I said, having a grin on my face.
"Yes." He quietly said.
"I'm sorry I couldn't hear you." I said, trying to hold in my laughter.
"I give up!" He shouted.
"Good, but I still love you." I smiled brightly at him.
"I love you too." He said, giving me a soft look, and possibly the cutest smile I've ever seen. In all those moments where we both talked and laughed together, I felt completely at bliss. Moments after, Marcos's parents came back from wherever they came from.
"Hey kids." They both said.
"Hey." Marco and I both said.
"We found the place where we go to see the fireworks." Mrs. Diaz. said.
"So that's what the surprise was." I said.
"Well you ruined the surprise mom." Marco said, he seemed annoyed.
"Oops." She said, giggling. Despite all that, Marco and I were getting pumped for the fireworks tonight.
"It's gonna be awesome!" Marco said excitedly.
I giggled because of how cool Marco was acting. He didn't seem to mind it though, Marco and I told his parents that we would be going out for a swim in the lake. Marco changed in the men's bathroom and I obviously changed in the women's.