42. Epilogue

Epilogue

3 years later.

What is love?

That's a hard question to answer.

Thousands of definitions, descriptions and explanations can answer that question. However, we forget we are all individuals, with completely different perceptions and believes. We forget we experience and feel differently.

Let's narrow my question: What is love for me?

Now, that is too general, I love many things and many people so let's specify my question even more.

That is Romantic love for me?

I don't feel like an expert in area, after all, I've only been in love once in my life but love is just... that, love. I know you were expecting the big, poetic definition of it, oh, I'm sure I could come up with dozens of beautiful ones. Still, we experience things in different ways, therefore, following that, love is just that sensation of fullness and completeness you share with another human being. Love is the bridge between a person and happiness.

Is love easy? Absolutely no, it's hard, painful and it takes a lot to build but is worth it. After all, It's the feeling that allows to reach happiness with the simplest of things, like just sitting next to him, watching Netflix makes me happy.

Or watching him groan because he's losing in Cards against humanity against my friends. He purses his lips but then smiles, the little holes appearing in his cheeks. I've learned that his dark hair will always be messy in a way that only suited him.

My dark poet...

Forever handsome.

I raise my glass of wine to my lips, watching the whole scene develop in front of me. For some reason, wine makes me feel classy and it's the only alcoholic drink I actually like and doesn't make me scrunch my face.

It's summer break and as tradition, we are all gathered in the Sullivan's beach house. Nadia and Nash inherited it after their dad passed away some weeks after I met him. I did visit him again, and chatted with him. I never saw him as father but he didn't deserve to die thinking I hated him. No one deserves to die like that.

Laura laughs at something Jordan read in the one the cards and I smile at them. They look adorable together, always have and probably always will. They have never had a fight in the years of their relationships, isn't that amazing? They got married last summer and we had a huge party in this house. This place has become our favorite, it's filled with so many memories now.

Nash furrows his eyebrows confused, "The things written in these cards are awful."

Jordan pats his back, "That's the whole point of the game."

Evan grumbles, fumbling through his cards, "I never get good ones."

I cut in, "You mean you never get mean ones."

Evan looks at me and grins, "You know me."

Laura shots me a glance, "Again, why aren't you playing?"

Jordan speaks for me, "She's too fancy for this game. Look at her with her wine and crossed legs."

I raise an eyebrow, "That's not true."

Jordan is about to retort when a small little girl comes from the kitchen, holding a bag of Ruffles, her blond hair flying in the air as she runs, "Emily!" Helen's voice echoes through the place as she comes after her daughter.

Emily runs through everyone and jumps in Evan's lap to wraps her small hands around his neck, "Hey there." Evan's voice turns softer.

Helen stops, hands on her waist, "Oh no, you're not hiding behind your uncle again."