Chapter 3: The Crew

SORRY ABOUT THE SLOW UPDATES. I PROMISE I'LL GET BETTER. THANKS TO ALL WHO HAVE READ MY STORY SO FAR!!! HERE'S THE THIRD CHAPTER :) HOPE YOU ALL LIKE IT!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chapter Three:

The Crew

Walking out of the last class of the day is probably one of the most exciting things that happens during the school year, except of course if you gain a significant other. I guess that's pretty exciting to those who are actually capable of having one. My best friend Courtney has a boyfriend. I mean I wouldn't say I'm jealous, but I guess I kind of am in a way. I mean she always has had me there for her no matter what, but the fact that she now has another person in her life that she can connect with is pretty amazing. But, I'm not really interested in having someone drag me down and not one single person in the school would want to date me anyway. 

I walk down the hall and find my locker. "Oh crap." I mutter. I left my book in my last class. Contemplating whether or not to actually go get it takes some time. I mean, who actually would want to go get their book they left in their last class? I just really want to get out of here and go home. "Oh god I hope I don't see anyone." I think to myself.

I quickly rush back to go get my book. I slyly slip into Mr. Shaffers' classroom as quick as I could so no one would notice. My whole life I've avoided contact with people. I'm not a people person I guess you could say, but once I warm up to you it's like I'm a whole different person. 

I run down the hall and out the door. "Finally I'm out. Thank the Lord." I speak to myself. I feel a hand grab me by the arm and pull me down to the ground. "What the hell?" I start. "Corella it's me.. Courtney." "Oh, hey. What are you doing down here?" "Jared is looking for me and I don't need any troub-"

"Courtney? Nice try."

"Hello Jared." We speak in unison. 

"Courtney, I really need to talk to you. Like now.."

"Fine, whatever. Let's go. Bye Cor, see you later."

I waved goodbye to her and stepped in my car. Jared is her ex-boyfriend. He's always trying to get back with her and it's beginning to be really creepy. I wish he'd leave her alone, I wonder what he wants this time. 

I pull out and head for my house. Driving down the road toward my house is almost relaxing. The cars infront of me stop suddenly causing my to hit my breaks extremely hard. "Stupid rush hour." Rush hour around here starts pretty early. A lot of people get out of work at 3:30 which it weird because normal people get out of work at around 5. My town is ridiculous, even I don't understand what goes on here half the time. 

Fifteen minutes pass by and traffic hasn't moved a single inch since. I put my car in park and turn it off, might as well take a nap. No one was behind me anyway. I lay down my seat and put my sunglasses on because of the sun. Then out of no where this blarring music starts to play right behind me. My car starts to shake. "Good nap Corella." As I high five the air. I immediately turn around as I bring my seat up. CRAP! It's the crew. They're the most popular kid in my school. "Oh God please don't see me." I look in my review mirror. "Shit, they saw me." 

Gordon gets out of the car and the rest follow him over to me. What could they possibly want? "Oh my God it's Kyle.." I say loudly. Good thing my windows are up. Kyle is the most gorgeous person at our school. He's tall, thin, but in shape, he's kind of nice, yet a douchebag at the same time, very smart, a teaser, and he's hard for me to read. Oh and did I mention those eyes? God his eyes, I could go on about them for days! They're light gray with blue and green highlights. You might think I'm describing them as hazel, but they aren't I promise. 

All of a sudden my car starts to shake and I hear sounds coming from behind my car. The boys are pushing it back and forth. Why? you might ask. Since middle school they've always messed with me. Not in a super mean way, but not in a teasing/nice way either. I sit up straight and get out of the car. Nice going Corella you look like crap. 

I strut over to them trying to capture their attention and to my surprise it works. They stop and just stare at me, this has never happened before in my life. They start walking back a little and then I stop walking. They then charge me and swoop me up in their arms. They hoist me up so I'm on my back. Jesus they're strong. "Put me down guys! This isn't funny! Let me down, please!" I yell. They put me down. They music is still playing this whole time. "Do you have to play your music so loud?"

"Yeah, I do. Got a problem?" Gordon says.

"No, uh I don't. I was just wondering." I shyly look down at the ground and walk back to my car. I open my door and Kyle is sitting right there in my passenger seat. "Uh um w-what are you doing in here?" I manage to say.

"I didn't really want to be with them anymore. They get on my nerves." He confesses.

"Oh um okay." I've actually been friends with Kyle since second grade. He and I used to be best friends and then we got to Middle School, things changed in that building. I always have had a crush on him, but I've kept it a secret. At the moment I don't think I'm doing a good job with this whole secret thing. 

"I haven't really talked to you since fifth grade. how have you been El?" He used to call me El, guess that hasn't changed. I've always hated it and he's always known that too. 

"You're still stuck on that stupid name aren't you?" I sass.

"Yeah I am. Is it a problem?" "You know I've always hated it." "That's why I call you El." "Just call me Cor or something else." "Fine. I'll call you.. Uhhhh.. I'll call you E--" "NO! Call me Cor or something else other than El." "Fine fine fine fine fine. So Princess, how have you been?" I was lost at words. He just called me Princess. DID YOU HEAR THAT? HE JUST CALLED ME PRINCESS! "I've uhh I've been okay. How have you been?" "I've been pretty good. Why do you always stutter around me? Do I make you nervous baby girl?" YES. YES YOU DO. "No. I'm just unsure of myself." I confirm. "Oh I understand." "Yeah." The traffic starts to move and I stare him down with eyes that say "Are you getting out or no?" 

"Go El. I mean yeah." I start my car and we roll down the street. I don't even know if he lives in the same house anymore. "Where do you live?" "Same place I used to."

I take my one hand off the wheel to look like a pro. I'm not really sure if that helps the fact that I look like an idiot. I pick up my sunglasses again and shove them forward onto my face and then rest my arm near the window on my door. I can feel Kyle's eyes on me, but I stare straight ahead. I don't want to disturb him picking me apart like the others do. I reach his street and try to remember where he lives. I find his house and pull into the drive-way.

"Baby doll?" I hear him say. I swing my head in his direction. "What's with all these names?" "You said I could call you anything I want except for El. Do you want me to go back to calling you that?" "No. It's okay. I was just wondering. What do you want?" "I want to be your best friend again. I miss all those adventures we used to have." "Yeah so do I." I confessed. He leaned over and I froze. "Um?" "Its a hug. Just a hug" He chuckled and latched himself onto me. I could feel him laughing, but I didn't mind because I had just reunited my friendship again after years of not talking and avoiding each other. "Give me your phone." "Why?" "Just give it to me." I handed him my phone and he put his number in it. "Text me when you get home. I want to hang out with you sometime soon." "Uh okay." He stepped out of the car and winked at me. I felt my face go red. "Bye sweetheart see you later." "Bye." "Don't be so sour all the time. Open up a little. I know you better than you know yourself." No you don't. "Okay. Bye." He shut the door and walked toward his house. I put my car in gear and drove home. 

"Holy crap. Did that just happen?" I'm not going to be able to sleep tonight.