Chapter One: Birthday?

"HARRY!" Draco yells flinging the bedroom door open. "get up!" he laughs and jumps up onto Harry's bed. "come on get up! time to go!"

"Malfoy!?" Harry stares at Draco startled. "what are you doing!? What's going on?"

Draco jumps off the bed and looks at Harry with a big grin. "come on Potter you got company down stairs."

"company?" Harry says dazed. "that isn't that exciting... who is it?"

"Granger and Weasley." Draco nods. "they came with Ron's dad Arthur."

"Mr. Weasley came here?" Harry sits up.

"yeah he came to invite you to his house." Draco rubs his nose. "something about saving Ginny last year so they wanted to you to have some cake on your birthday."

"m-my birthday!?" Harry looks at the calendar.

"yeah today is your birthday. Don't tell me you forgot." Draco smirks. "come on then out of bed."

Harry stands up and stretches. "alright I'll be down in a bit."

Draco nods and leaves the room. He goes back downstairs and finds Mr. Weasley talking to his father. he directs himself towards Ron and Hermione. "he'll be but a moment." Draco says.

Ron nods. "what about that girl... she's here right?"

"who Jade?" Draco nods. "yeah she's here. Speaking of her did you manage to find out anymore?" he questions looking at Hermione.

"well I did find some people that could match the description of what you were thinking." Hermione frowns and bites her lower lip. She looks at Draco. "I tried to find news papers or anything that would suggest anything but even the orphanage where Jade was staying has no records of who brought her there."

"how could we find out?" Draco frowns. "I'm sure this is very important to Jade. After all I would want to know my heritage if somebody abandoned me."

Hermione frowns. "Snape might be able to help. He's the only person I could think of capable of brewing the family tree teller." She crosses her arms. "an extremely advanced potion used to give orphaned wizards a family. If he can't do it then I'm not sure who could."

Draco nods. "thank you." he turns back to Ron. "it was foolishly brave to come in through the fire place."

"yes well my dad insisted we stop by since his owls weren't getting through." Ron frowns.

"I apologize for that." Draco shrugs. "we're not easy to find for untrained owls. Protective spells and what not."

Ron nods. "we wouldn't have come at all but mum insisted we at least offer Harry a gift for his help."

Draco looks at the steps. "honestly it was Neville that done most of the work."

"Ron." Hermione nudges his shoulder.

"do I have to?" Ron whines

"yes." Hermione looks at Draco and then back at Ron.

Ron pouts and rolls his eyes. "fine... Malfoy... mum wanted me to ask if you wanted some cake."

"hm?" Draco turns halfway around to Ron. "you say cake?"

"yeah." Ron frowns. "you didn't have to go into the chamber to help get my sister... Mum wanted me to invite you to have cake with us."

Draco stares at Ron for a moment almost offended. He'd never been invited to a party outside his friend circle and he wasn't sure how to react about it. "um..."