[12] EDDIE'S GOT A BROKEN ARM

The journey up the staircase was intimidating

Turning around the hallway they could see something moving, something struggling to breathe.

It was Betty Ripsom.

Eddie's breathing grew more erratic as they gasped at the sight of the missing girl on the floor, peaking out of one of the rooms.

Richie's grasp on Lizzy's hand grew tighter as she briefly looked at him, his eyes were transfixed on the horror of the missing girl in front of him. Bill stood slightly in front in the middle of them and Eddie stood behind them. His vision was partially blocked by Bill's height but he could still make out Betty.

She wheezed and coughed, as if she'd been attacked and had been taking shelter in this house. Her mouth was dripping blood.

"Betty?" Bill timidly called out, hesitant to approach her but still wanting to help her.
"Ripsom?" Richie had a habit of calling people by their second name, it was a natural thing.

Before she even had the chance to answer, she was dragged back by something else in the room. All of the present Losers let out a large gasp and jumped back at the mere sight of it.
Both Richie and Lizzy's palms were sweating but that only gave them incentive to hold on tighter in fear of loosing hold of one another.

The front trio started to advance towards the door, not taking their eyes off it or noticing the voice that called to Eddie - causing him to stay behind.

Bill went first and opened the door, peaking inside at a simple room with an old mattress up ahead. Betty was nowhere to be found.

"She was just here! Where the fuck did she go?" Richie questioned, fear clearly present in his voice. They walked towards the mattress which led to a side-ish room. The only thing that broke their gaze was the door shutting behind them, successfully blocking Eddie from getting to the group.

Lizzy was startled and dropped Richie's hand, running to the door and banging on it. "Eddie!" Bill called out, joining her in her efforts.

But there was something off about Richie. He was stuck in the daze, not even noticing that Lizzy was on the opposite side of the room, pounding on the locked door. He felt like he was the only one in the room, like the others had just vanished before his eyes. Like he was in some dream.

Instead, his attention was brought to his name softly being called out in the next room, "Richie." It started off as a small feminine whisper and it was only when he turned to look into the side room which contained furniture covered by white sheets he saw who'd called on him.