[4] TERRIBLE HAIRCUTS

Lizzy opened the door to be met with her best friend hysterically crying

Beverly had considerably shorter hair causing Lizzy to go, "What the fuck?"

"Fuck, I don't know why I did it." She was bawling her eyes out, Lizzy instinctively hugged the girl and brought her indoors. Shouting into the living room, she alerted Debbie that Bev was here and quickly escorted her up to her room.

Lizzy's room was interesting to say the least. For being such a tomboy she only had a few tomboyish things present in it. Her mother forced her to keep the room pink as to keep 'the perfect family' image that Frankie followed with no questions asked. It was significantly cluttered with a small box TV being the highlight in a dimly lit room. The pink walls matched Liz's usually rosy cheeks. 'Siouxsie and the Banshees', 'ELO' and various other band and movie posters littered the walls as her vinyl collection took up the trunk at the bottom of her bed.

Her brass bed creaked constantly but she didn't mind, it was old and made her feel like a princess or like Claudia from her favourite book 'Interview with the Vampire'.
VHS tapes lined the shelf under her TV and various knick-knacks and trinkets cluttered every spare space on her dressers and cabinets.
Her rotary phone lay beside her bed with her pair of round sunglasses next to them - one of her prized possessions.

Her red woollen hat that her grandmother knitted her for Christmas two years ago was perched on top of the TV, begging to be worn.

Various perfume bottles sat upon her ensuite bathroom's sink, leaving the room smelling an odd floral scent which combed through the nostrils of any person who stepped into to the room. A sweet jasmine-y smell that had a hint of vanilla. The smell was exactly like Frankie.

Liz's walk in wardrobe was large but unnecessary. She much preferred placing her favourite clothes into a recommissioned Smeg fridge from the 50s that her father had turned into a makeshift wardrobe for her. Her vinyl player rested beside it, light pink and constantly used by Liz.

A compilation of her favourite books were stacked at the window, clearly worn out from the amount of times she'd read them.

Beverly dropped her backpack on the floor and plopped down onto the bed, causing it to loudly creek. Liz followed soon after, wrapping an arm around her best friend and pulling her head onto her shoulder.
"I'm such a fuck up." Bev admitted, softly crying into her shoulder.
"You aren't. You're 13, Bevvie." She comfortingly rubbed her back as Beverly wrapped her arms around her.

An idea flashed inside Lizzy's head. An idea that she was probably going to massively regret come morning time. She let go of Beverly causing the ginger to rise up.